Ebay: Wave rotors for late model

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark,

What do you think about those rotors? I bought a pair of Galfers from Python for $530 and after that i saw those on ebay. Talk about feeling sick!!!

Mark,

What do you think about those rotors? I bought a pair of Galfers from Python for $530 and after that i saw those on ebay. Talk about feeling sick!!!

I wonder why they don't name the brand name of the rotors. Ebay is getting flooded with Chinese made products that look like brand name stuff but is cheaply made and crap in most cases. Look at the Ohlin clone shocks or any of the cloned Brembo stuff.

I also want a set of wavy style rotors to go with my new wheels. I would love to only have to spend $140.00 on a pair but I have to wonder about the quality of those. Will they warp or wear prematurely compared to a set of Galfers? Wish I knew!

I actually bought a set of these, took them into where I work.
They have a machine shop there. Had one of the guys see how true they where. And they passed with flying colors, no warp (which did shock me) anyway they have been on my bike for almost a year now and have had no problems with them.could be I just got lucky but if you read the guys feed back every one that's got them has been satisfied. I was 530.00---140.00:ummm: I have the galfer on the back and really don't see any difference in them:clapping:

Hmmmm...I may have to bite. When I was looking at rotors I couldn't believe how much they cost, I can't imagine why two of them would run $500+. The only thing I can figure is that the Galfers are made of something besides stainless?

Chinese knock-offs for sure. May work okay, may break apart and disintegrate when using them to pull you down from a 100+ mph run. Brakes are WAY to important to risk with $140 ching-shing rotors!

Last edited:
I've had a set of those rotors on all summer, 3k miles. They work fine. The guy selling them is in Hong Kong. I see he says the US but I remember his Ebay name.

These rotors use a steel alloy that has more stainless and less cast iron than the Galfers (which I have on the back). My rear Galfer will get surface rust but the front rotors will not. Because of this, they look a lot better than the Galfers. I believe that cast iron is supposed to dissipate heat better.

The holes on these rotors are not countersunk like the stock ones. I was worried about the clearance between the forks with the stock bolts so I drilled the holes and used Kawasaki bolts that had flatter heads and a solid shoulder for the rotor to ride on. If you never bought rotor bolts, this did drive the total price up a little as they're about $3.00 a piece.

Attachments

• Rotor.jpg
    Rotor.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 44
The gent who sells these rotors is now a member here and is selling them for $175 pr shipped to the US and Canada out of the buy/sell section. Might just break down and have Steph buy me a set for Xmas, just in time for the show:biglaugh:

I got me a set this past summer. They actually impressed me. I've been well into the triple digits several times and on the brakes hard avoiding moose and such.

They work and look great. Only wish he made/has a matching rear rotor.

Attachments

• rotor.jpg
    rotor.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 27
I'm in the process of looking at these for the earlier model. I'll machine the OD down to correct size, I cant make my own semi floating setup (material wise) for the price of these, so I'll buy some instead.
Forget some of the BS hype on fancy brand names, if the material is up to scratch they'll be fine and evidence suggests they are working well.

Can someone please explain the benefits of these type of aftermarket rotors, including Galfer :confused2: Other then looks, I really don't see anything wrong with the stock rotors.

Better heat dissipation (sp) due to the vents and edge shapes.

+1

The brake system stays cooler and in contact with the rotor surface. This provides better brake power and lever feel.

Full floating rotors stay in touch with the brake pad?s surface much longer than non-floating, conventional rotors and allow the rotor to follow the path of the caliper, which reduces caliper flex. This provides better brake feel and power

They work excellent with all brake pad compositions for added cooling benefits.

Back