ECU/Electric repair help!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autoloader4

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm a former owner of a 1996 and a new owner of a 2019. It's winter here in New England so I'm puttering around with the bike putting on Corbin seat, backrest, etc. and I wanted to take the air box out just for a peek.I plan on doing the air box mod after break in.

When I was removing the ECU wire harnesses and I broke one of the connector clips. A little tiny piece of plastic that I bent the wrong way. Ugh. So the issue is whether I need to reinstall a whole new harness, replace the clip at the end of the harness (possible?), or hopefully someone has a quick fix!

If I do nothing and just plug back in the wires without the clip, do you think it'll rattle loose out of the ECU?

Looking for some help and suggestions. If this is in the wrong place, my apologies!

Any pics of the part you broke? It probably will stay seated in if its a typical harness plug, maybe a couple wraps around with black tape along the edge will work?

Back