ECU flash comparison

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve had my 2016 VMAX for a few months now and I’ve acquired a cat delete kit, K&N high flow filter, and a few minor cosmetic changes. I live in Texas and found out after much difficulty there really isn’t anyone out there that tunes VMAX’s. Heard about gurued gear in florida but unfortunately haven’t heard back from my attempts at communication (Perhaps due to the owner going through cancer treatment, and I hope he recovers). Did some research and found out that Moore Mafia in South Carolina offers an ECU flash for the VMAX. It’s also $265+Shipping, compared to Gurued Gears $550 price tag. I hear that Gurued gear does it best and does more than just unrestrict the throttle, and tune it for your pipes & mods, but also fixes an issue with one of the cylinders or something along those lines among other things. My question is has anyone here had the flash done by Moore Mafia? And if so what is your opinion on the service?

Thanks

I’d also love to hear info on this subject. Particularly about the cylinder issue mentioned.

I’d also love to hear info on this subject. Particularly about the cylinder issue mentioned.
I just got my Vmax put together yesterday after the ecu flash by Moore Mafia, Cat delete, and K&N performance filter. It ran like a dream and I didn't notice any issues up to 172@9000. I know there was an issue mentioned by others that gurued gear fixed. Wondering what was the problem with the cylinder?

#3 cylinder is lean not that big of a deal .Every cylinder has its own fuel map. Just correct the afr and the problem is fixed.

Some of the ECU's flashed supposedly by Guruedgear had been bootlegged by others causing issues. From what I understand Tim has taken care of that problem. Tim has devoted many years strictly on the Vmax, he is the only one that I would let touch my ECU. By the way he is still flashing them I had one done two weeks ago. Chris Moore Mafia had been messing with a bunch of ECU's but just jumped on the Vmax bandwagon not that long ago, no thank you.

I know of 3 guru flashes that in 2nd gear the throttle blades don't open and causes a bog. So all flashes I don't trust. I also have a ecu that has throttle issues in 4th gear only.

Some of the ECU's flashed supposedly by Guruedgear had been bootlegged by others causing issues. From what I understand Tim has taken care of that problem. Tim has devoted many years strictly on the Vmax, he is the only one that I would let touch my ECU. By the way he is still flashing them I had one done two weeks ago. Chris Moore Mafia had been messing with a bunch of ECU's but just jumped on the Vmax bandwagon not that long ago, no thank you.
I've put just about 205 miles on my Vmax since having Chris Moore flash it. I agree that Tim is the best at it when it comes to the Vmax. Everyone I spoke to before sending my ECU to Moore Mafia, said that Chris is "Badass, Skilled, Knows what he's doing, etc" My question for you is, other than the fact that he only recently started doing Vmax's, do you have any reason to doubt his work? From what I've seen so far it has been solid work.

From what I know of Chris he is pretty hot on the track and making big horsepower especially with GSXR's and ZX's. Sometimes I'll jump on the Max to run to work, sometimes hit the twisties and sometimes I'll take it to the track. No matter what I am doing Tim's flash is all so smooth in what ever range I am in. Also with the increase in HP and responsiveness with his flash I actually get better mileage which is just a plus along with laying down a 9.98 @ 135 with just MAB, Akrapovic mid pipe w/stock cans and Tim's flash. Therefore with Tim's knowledge and all the testing he has done since the Gen 2 came out I am sold on only his work and guidance on any Max have and will have.

Attachments

• TRP - Vmax (3)1.jpg
    TRP - Vmax (3)1.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 1
I've put just about 205 miles on my Vmax since having Chris Moore flash it. I agree that Tim is the best at it when it comes to the Vmax. Everyone I spoke to before sending my ECU to Moore Mafia, said that Chris is "Badass, Skilled, Knows what he's doing, etc" My question for you is, other than the fact that he only recently started doing Vmax's, do you have any reason to doubt his work? From what I've seen so far it has been solid work.
Im thinking about having criss do mine being I have no idea what’s been done to it. Seems to take an extra second on a cold start then it almost seems like one of the cylinders takes a few more seconds to catch on after that. My 2016 R6 has always been like that too when cold started it won’t even respond to throttle for 10 seconds or so. This is normal with the R6 but I have no idea if the vmax is normal behavior. If as stated in a post above one of the cylinders are lean from the factory I suppose it could cause the cold start behavior. I just want to make sure everything is right.
I’d love to hear more about what you think of the tune criss did for you.

How did you get a hold of him. I’ve left phone messages and emails. I know what’s going on with him so I figured he’s taking some time away. But hearing you say you just got one I’m getting hopeful lol.
Thanks

Back