ecu reflashing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats funny you say that , mine seems like it runs too rich now . In fact I was riding it yesterday and it stalled out when I came to a stop . You can hear it and feel the lower rpm sluggishness and I can smell it in the exhaust.
That's good to know, I will probably get the ecu flashed from Tim, when I tried calling him I got to talk to a woman as Tim is out of the country and won't be back till mid August, so I might wait till then at least to talk to him about everything . Thanks

So I took my Vmax to a local yamaha dealer and they flashed the computer and dyno tuned it , they got 13 more horsepower out of it and GOBBBs more torque out of it . They kept the power commander on it and used it as part of the tuning also . I am very happy with the results , totally different bike after the reflash and dyno tune.

Do you know what companies software they used for the reflash?

FT ECU or Woolwich maybe?

Do you know what companies software they used for the reflash?

FT ECU or Woolwich maybe?

Which Yamaha dealer did the work for you?

And if you don't mind me asking what was the cost?

Thanks!

Which Yamaha dealer did the work for you?

And if you don't mind me asking what was the cost?

Thanks!

I'm very interested in what you had done, I've never heard of a dealer reflashing an ECU that's an awesome service for them to provide.

I'd like to know what changes they made. It would be great to see a Dyno sheet as well.

I have ECU 's on the brain because I've been struggling to get mine just right on my blown VMax.

Thanks.

I'm very interested in what you had done, I've never heard of a dealer reflashing an ECU that's an awesome service for them to provide.

I'd like to know what changes they made. It would be great to see a Dyno sheet as well.

I have ECU 's on the brain because I've been struggling to get mine just right on my blown VMax.

Thanks.

Mark, what I wonder is, did they actually reflash the ECU, or just tune it using the Power commander?

I live here in Colorado , Vickery Motorsports is the dealer who did the ecu flashing, the flashing software they used was Flash Tune . They also kept the power commander on it and used it to do the air fuel adjustments. They did say I didn't need the power commander but since it was already there we left it and used it also. I had them look at Gurued gear website and see what all they do when they reflash theirs. They said that this software does all the same stuff. When I brought the bike to them after having Akropovik cat delete and pipes , plus the power commander 5 put on it from another dealership that didn't have a dyno, it seemed to me to be running rich, it was sluggish out the gate and not that responsive . This sucks because I can't find my dyno sheet results but I do remember that the first numbers were 168 hp and after they were done it was 182 hp and the torque went way up also . I don't know what these numbers would be at sea level " I'm sure higher " but I can say it is a completely different bike now. This thing Rippps!! They charged me $424.00 for the work and $150.00 of that was to Flash Tune to get into the computer . They also said they have the Flash Tune license # for my bike on file and I can bring back in to have it tuned again without having to pay that $ 150.00 again . The reason I decided to check around here in Denver Colorado to get it flashed and tuned instead of getting the Gurued gear one was because that ecu is tuned at sea level and I asked around about that and was told it would be better to have it tuned here locally in these conditions 5280 ft above sea level . Any ways I do love the results of the tune .

I live here in Colorado , Vickery Motorsports is the dealer who did the ecu flashing, the flashing software they used was Flash Tune . They also kept the power commander on it and used it to do the air fuel adjustments. They did say I didn't need the power commander but since it was already there we left it and used it also. I had them look at Gurued gear website and see what all they do when they reflash theirs. They said that this software does all the same stuff. When I brought the bike to them after having Akropovik cat delete and pipes , plus the power commander 5 put on it from another dealership that didn't have a dyno, it seemed to me to be running rich, it was sluggish out the gate and not that responsive . This sucks because I can't find my dyno sheet results but I do remember that the first numbers were 168 hp and after they were done it was 182 hp and the torque went way up also . I don't know what these numbers would be at sea level " I'm sure higher " but I can say it is a completely different bike now. This thing Rippps!! They charged me $424.00 for the work and $150.00 of that was to Flash Tune to get into the computer . They also said they have the Flash Tune license # for my bike on file and I can bring back in to have it tuned again without having to pay that $ 150.00 again . The reason I decided to check around here in Denver Colorado to get it flashed and tuned instead of getting the Gurued gear one was because that ecu is tuned at sea level and I asked around about that and was told it would be better to have it tuned here locally in these conditions 5280 ft above sea level . Any ways I do love the results of the tune .

That's awesome to have a dealer nearby that provides a service like that. No such luck around here.

The Flash Tune Software has everything you need to "unrestrict" the bike, and using the Power Commander to adjust the fuel was a good way to go. The key is having someone with enough knowlege to do the job right. I think you got a good deal as well.

Best of luck and enjoy your "new" bike!

That's awesome to have a dealer nearby that provides a service like that. No such luck around here.

The Flash Tune Software has everything you need to "unrestrict" the bike, and using the Power Commander to adjust the fuel was a good way to go. The key is having someone with enough knowlege to do the job right. I think you got a good deal as well.

Best of luck and enjoy your "new" bike!
Hey I saw a blown vmax on craigslist last night , it was a 2017 I think , said 270 hp only had 700 and miles on it . I tried to find it again this morning to no avail . What company makes a supercharger for 2nd gen vmax's ? Did you install it yourself ? I would love to do this to mine . How much was it ?

Does anyone have any experience with Ivan's ECU flash? It's on his webpage www.ivansperformanceproducts.com. I felt it did wonders to improve the engine performance of my yamaha bolt. I was wondering if he could do the same for the gen 2 vmax.

Does anyone have any experience with Ivan's ECU flash? It's on his webpage www.ivansperformanceproducts.com. I felt it did wonders to improve the engine performance of my yamaha bolt. I was wondering if he could do the same for the gen 2 vmax.
The above statement is correct. I spoke with Ivan about flashing my new Gen 2 since he had done my Raider but he is not doing the VMAX any longer. He did a great job on my Raider also.

Hi I am new to the forum , I have a 2018 VMX1700 that I am upgrading and I have put Akropovik exhaust on it also a Power Commander 5 on it and I want to have the ecu reflashed , I was thinking about Gurued gear ecu reflash? Is this a good one or does anybody know of a better company to go with ?
Tim Nash will be your guy, as for your power commander, his Flashes have fuel maps already programmed.. News and Announcments

Latest posts

Back