EJ Potter passes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Well last week on April 30th, EJ Potter, or the "michigan madman" died. If you're not familiar this was the guy that built all sorts of crazy machines...the clutch-less Chevy V8 drag bike, the "slot car" powered by two jet engine electric starter motors, and all sorts of things with military surplus Allison V12s.

Excerpts from his book can be found around the internet, apparently it was never actually released but printed in small numbers and he sold them himself. I'm not sure if they are still available. Even from what I found there's some pretty amazing pictures and stories.

I had been wanting to pick up a copy of his book for a long time but never got around to it, went online yesterday and found a couple of used copies starting at $200 ea, I guess I'll be waiting a while longer..........................Tom.

I hear ya, Its like that book "Motorcycle turbocharging, supercharging & nitrous oxide: a complete guide to forced induction and its use on modern motorcycle engines" back in the late 90's it was a fairly inexpensive book. Now it ranged from $50's used and over $400 new.

I read it a few times then lost it with alot of issues of the IDBA's motorcycle performance magazines. That sucks the most cause they had a multi issue article on engine theory, it was really good. When I moved back to Fairbanks, I left a few boxes behind. I didn't mean to, but shit a couple of them had some good stuff in them.

Bummer KJ, I hope they ended up in good hands as opposed to the landfill..................Tom.

I remeber him well he used to do shows at local drag strips i think evil go this first jet bike from hin three wheeled jet engine. he was indeed a madman RIP EJ

ej_potter.jpg

He was an innovator and will be missed...

Latest posts

Back