Electric question - need answer asap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marecki

Reaction score
Guys, I was taking apart the bike to do the COPs upgrade, and I found something odd...

grab.jpg
those 2 plugs were upside down... the little click thing you have that slides in and locks the harness was on top and outside of the harness plug, it seems upside down... both of them are this way... also on the 8 plug harness there's only 2 6 cables, not 8 like in the picture.

I'll try to take a pic

this is how it looks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 42
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 35
the first picture has all the pins, I have a 2005 vmax :\

that;s correct, that isn't mine, the second and third are.

that's weird, why would Yamaha do that? As in that, I'm referring to use mismatched parts

Eh, silly in my opinion, they basically matched parts together to save $, sounds like something Harley does... oh well... this'll give me a way to clean up my wiring and tuck it away.

Runnin' ok, just puzzled/freaked me out when I saw the cable was upside down... the previous owner was a jackass that changed wiring here and there so I need to be sure it's correct.

Upside down APPEARING is correct. You physically can't install them the other way. If you look carefully at the ends you'll see the shape is just enough different to prevent it. Not sure why yamaha didn't just design new ends when they designed this bike.

Sean

Latest posts

Back