Electric question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I am planning to change the relay and solenoid on start circuit.
Question is.. I can get parts from bike that is 1999.
But my bike is 1992 and from france.

This is relay that I have on my bike.

can I put this on its place: https://asiakas.kotisivukone.com/files/tapmotors.kotisivukone.com/yamaha_vmax1200_99_rele_2
also same question with this: http://www.tapmotors.net/tuotteet.html?id=175/158128

So is the any difference with solenoid and start circuit cut off relay, between other models?

As per the Morley wiring diagram for "1990 to 2003 Europe models", the Starter circuit cut-off relay and solenoid (called Starter relay on the diagram), should be interchangeable betwwen 92 and 99 models.
However, in a previous post, you said that you supplied power to the red/white wire connected to the Starter relay, and the bike turned over, which would indicate that this relay, or solenoid, is good.
So it appears the problem is the Starter circuit cut-off relay itself, OR one or more of the circuits that feed into it - the Clutch switch, Neutral switch, and the Fuel reserve switch.
It appears that this relay is identical to the one used on 1990 -2007 North American models. Detailed testing procedures are given in the Haynes, Clymer and factory service manuals.
Cheers!

A good post Miles, thank-you from your friends facing similar issues.

ClickHandler.ashx

As per the Morley wiring diagram for "1990 to 2003 Europe models", the Starter circuit cut-off relay and solenoid (called Starter relay on the diagram), should be interchangeable betwwen 92 and 99 models.
However, in a previous post, you said that you supplied power to the red/white wire connected to the Starter relay, and the bike turned over, which would indicate that this relay, or solenoid, is good.
So it appears the problem is the Starter circuit cut-off relay itself, OR one or more of the circuits that feed into it - the Clutch switch, Neutral switch, and the Fuel reserve switch.
It appears that this relay is identical to the one used on 1990 -2007 North American models. Detailed testing procedures are given in the Haynes, Clymer and factory service manuals.
Cheers!

Yeah I did test that relay.
It shows 82 ohm resistance should be around 225 ohms If I remember correct.
So that is at least defect.
All thought manual pdf I have, shows the relay as completely different.

So that's Katusoittaja???!!:eusa_dance:
Maybe I should plan a trip to Finland, so I can check out her bike in person. "Hands-on" is always the best approach, I reckon.
Cheers, Medic!

You are very welcome ˆ_ˆ
I always appreciate some help..

Yeah now I tested new starter circuit cut off relay and starter solenoid, both.
So on we go to the rest..Clutch switch, Neutral switch, and the Fuel reserve switch.

Hmm.. what is fuel reserve switch?

Hmm.. really struggling with this now.
So I did try bypassing the side stand , no help there.
Also when I test the connector from starter relay, manual says it should have volts coming through, but I have nothing.

Hmm.. really struggling with this now.
So I did try bypassing the side stand , no help there.
Also when I test the connector from starter relay, manual says it should have volts coming through, but I have nothing.
Katusoittaja, I am shipping a set of cops to a Vmaxer in Varkaus Finland not far from you on Monday. I have a starter relay in the photo below. I can include it in his package and ask if he will ship it to you if you would like. No charge from me but maybe reimburse him for shipping.

Attachments

• CIMG1335.jpg
    CIMG1335.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 9
Katusoittaja, I am shipping a set of cops to a Vmaxer in Varkaus Finland not far from you on Monday. I have a starter relay in the photo below. I can include it in his package and ask if he will ship it to you if you would like. No charge from me but maybe reimburse him for shipping.

Thanks man, but I already have new one.
Tried it on, no help.

Latest posts

Back