Electric question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will PM you a link for the couplings you should use for the homemade cops you have on there. These will have the locking tab too.Do you know if they have resistors installed. Also in the link will be a coupling for the sasy.

So I wanted to ask if anyone can see something wrong with my wirings?

Also for Vmac boost Sasy I cannot find end for this other block.

I'm not saying you don't know this but in the paper photo left of "advertissment" it shows the wires go through the oval rubber grommet and the starter relay goes inside the round rubber holder. Also the main fuse goes inside the square rubber holder. It is a lot easier to see when all parts are in their place.

Thanks mate,I got links from you.
Yeah I was very aware of that rubber grommet.

So I am really starting to get headache soon.
I am gonna open up this whole thing a bit, maybe it explains the gravity of my situation.
So I bough this bike last autumn, it had been standing for 2-3 years. It had alarm on it, called spyder ( not sure about spelling).
I took the alarm off, hand warmers and 12v socket. Most of the connections were corrupted or just plain bad.

Here we have picture of all that came out

It is possible of course that previous owner had removed some original connections and after I removed alarm and such, I could not find certain leads anymore.
I have been thinking that maybe I should get another original harness.

Here is picture above battery with all in their places.
So the wire that goes to minus on battery is the one that comes from beside oil filler cap, is there any other wire that comes to minus on battery?

Thanks mate,I got links from you.
Yeah I was very aware of that rubber grommet.

So I am really starting to get headache soon.
I am gonna open up this whole thing a bit, maybe it explains the gravity of my situation.
So I bough this bike last autumn, it had been standing for 2-3 years. It had alarm on it, called spyder ( not sure about spelling).
I took the alarm off, hand warmers and 12v socket. Most of the connections were corrupted or just plain bad.

Here we have picture of all that came out

It is possible of course that previous owner had removed some original connections and after I removed alarm and such, I could not find certain leads anymore.
I have been thinking that maybe I should get another original harness.

Here is picture above battery with all in their places.
So the wire that goes to minus on battery is the one that comes from beside oil filler cap, is there any other wire that comes to minus on battery?

In the first photo there is a inline fuse holder-I would put a 30 amp in fuse and run that between the red wire on your r/r going to the + on the battery.In the second photo I would run a ground wire from the frame (allen bolt at top right) to the - on the battery. You can use that wire in the first picture with the round eyelet.

In the first photo there is a inline fuse holder-I would put a 30 amp in fuse and run that between the red wire on your r/r going to the + on the battery.In the second photo I would run a ground wire from the frame (allen bolt at top right) to the - on the battery. You can use that wire in the first picture with the round eyelet.

Both done, no help.
Feels like I am missing something now.

So I am gonna continue this monologue.
It is now obvious that what I am missing is something between start button and starter motor/solenoid.
Starter motor rolls if I hot wire it, so no problem there.

Any one have advices of fitting vboost, because I cannot find other end for Sasy control cables.

So it is not about coils, not about starter motor, not plugs, it has to be wiring right?
There is something called ignition advance unit, but I cannot seem to find it.

Ignition advance is at the end of the rubber hose coming from the left-hand manifolds.

Looking at the harness problems you have, it might be best to just get a new harness. Alternatively you can use the electrical diagram as in the link and trace everything:

http://www.morleysmuscle.com/download_file/view_inline/36/

Assuming it`s a US/Canadian model 1990+, there should be a blue/white wire between starter switch and starter relay. For testing, you can connect this wire at the starter relay side to the ground and the relay should engage (click or starter motor turning). If not, verify there is 12v on the red/white wire to the starter relay when the ignition is turned on.

Ignition advance is at the end of the rubber hose coming from the left-hand manifolds.

Looking at the harness problems you have, it might be best to just get a new harness. Alternatively you can use the electrical diagram as in the link and trace everything:

http://www.morleysmuscle.com/download_file/view_inline/36/

Assuming it`s a US/Canadian model 1990+, there should be a blue/white wire between starter switch and starter relay. For testing, you can connect this wire at the starter relay side to the ground and the relay should engage (click or starter motor turning). If not, verify there is 12v on the red/white wire to the starter relay when the ignition is turned on.

Do you mean this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/yamaha-vmax...um-sensor-switch-vboost-bin-211-/131650896902

I have been trying to use those diagrams, but there is just so much..
It is european model 1992, to be exact it seems to be from france.

I will try those as well.

So I am gonna continue this monologue.
It is now obvious that what I am missing is something between start button and starter motor/solenoid.
Starter motor rolls if I hot wire it, so no problem there.

Any one have advices of fitting vboost, because I cannot find other end for Sasy control cables.

So it is not about coils, not about starter motor, not plugs, it has to be wiring right?
There is something called ignition advance unit, but I cannot seem to find it.

I think you have to look at the components that interrupt the starting circuit. Kickstand switch, neutral safety switch, clutch lever micro switch maybe. PM sent.

Do you mean this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/yamaha-vmax...um-sensor-switch-vboost-bin-211-/131650896902

I have been trying to use those diagrams, but there is just so much..
It is european model 1992, to be exact it seems to be from france.

I will try those as well.

Yes that`s it.

Please also measure the red/white wire at the starter relay. It should have 12v with ignition on. If not, there is indeed an issue with neutral switch/clutch switch/side stand switch/engine stop switch.

My 2 cents, only about why your bike will not start -
I've read all your posts, now we know that your bike is a 1992 European model.
So I'm now looking at the wiring diagram for "1990-2003 Europe models", available on the Morley Muscle site.
About the two wires going to the Starter Relay (under the seat)
With the ignition on, should read battery voltage on the red/white terminal.
Pressing the Start Switch completes the ground circuit, via the blue/white wire, energizing the relay coils, completing the circuit between the battery + and the Starter Motor +
I would check for voltage at the red/white, and for continuity to ground on the blue/white, only when the starter switch is pressed.
Cheers!

Voltage at least shows completely zero.
Same for the continuity..

The way that I interpret the wiring diagram, the red/white wire should read battery voltage, when the ignition key is turned on.
The voltage comes directly from the Starter Circuit Cutoff Relay This may be defective, or something before this relay.
Easiest way to check - disconnect the red/white wire at the Starter Relay, and put a jumper wire from the battery + to the red/white terminal. Then press the start switch. The ignition switch should not have to be on. The starter motor should turn over.
Cheers!

Yes now I am hearing the engine trying to start.
so that tells me something is defect.

It seems you have a lot of issues with your harness. Wouldn't it be an option just to get a new (used) one? Alternatively you can try and find someone local that can come and help you troubleshoot this.

Next thing to check is the Starting Circuit Cutoff Relay
It should be located behind the left hand scoop. It has four wires - blue, (neutral switch) black/yellow, (clutch switch) red/black ,(fuel reserve switch) and red/white (Starter relay).
Disconnect and clean the terminals, re-install, then try to start the bike. Make sure the bike is in neutral, and pull in the clutch, while trying to start the bike.

So I finally did manage to get time.
That did not help at all, same result no sound at all.
So it is not about that.

I was thinking, does someone have instructions to install boost to bike which wiring harness doesn't have plugs for it?
Since My bike harness is missing other plug for vboost control.

And Rempage, I am seriously considering doing that, since this is taking so much time.

So I finally did manage to get time.
That did not help at all, same result no sound at all.
So it is not about that.

I was thinking, does someone have instructions to install boost to bike which wiring harness doesn't have plugs for it?
Since My bike harness is missing other plug for vboost control.

And Rempage, I am seriously considering doing that, since this is taking so much time.
You might want to consider a manual vboost control. I run a clutch controlled cable and can open it at anytime.

So now we are bit forward.
I have tried different harness, no help..

Neutral light is lit now, so that is good.

I have vboost wires now, which is also good.

But still, no start.. No boost whirring.. only lights,horn etc.. works. but no starting.

I am actually starting to be on the edge to sell this.. since it is not going forward..

Back