Electric shift

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
Price?/instalation difficulty?/actual 1/4 mile improvement?/How it works exactly???? Is it worth it? plus what are some easy ways to increase acceleration? ( 1/4 mile times ) I would be willing to sacrifice some top end. According to the speedo I've had her up to 150mph twice. Only tried twice. 0-60 & 30-90 are much more fun, whats your thoughts???

Shorthair.......

The ones I've seen use compressed air and a solenoid. They tend to be rather expensive and outside of strict drag racing just aren't that useful to the average street rider. As far as I know they're tied into the tach signal and shift at a pre-set RPM while simultaneously cutting the ignition for a split second.

I dunno if there's a higher ratio pumpkin you could swap in, the Venture drive is a lower ratio, so theoretically more top end but slower accel. I've had it to 145 and the 9000 RPM shift light never lit, so I don't even know how fast it could go given enough room (and stability).

I did some research on this a while back and although the electric is cheaper, it isn't as powerful. For those that have shifted a sport bike vs. shifting our Vmax, the Vmax is like shifting a tractor and usually requires more shifting force. The electrics just don't seem to have enough push. I haven't tried this, so please don't quote me on this, it is just what I have learned from talking with a few suppliers.

Jeff

the Vmax is like shifting a tractor and usually requires more shifting force. The electrics just don't seem to have enough push. I haven't tried this, so please don't quote me on this, it is just what I have learned from talking with a few suppliers.

Jeff

I don't know about the pingle, but I've seen the Klicktronic in action. If they can shift a Harley they shouldn't have any issues with the Vmax. I wouldn't really use them for any 1/4 mile works though. The bike I saw it on was a big inch harley and the guy was missing his left leg just below the knee. That bike flat out got with the program so I know it was working for him.

Doesn't Dale walker sell some kind of shifter?

He sells his holeshot electric shifter, but it's not button actuated. you pull the shift leaver with your foot then it kills the engine for an adjustable amount of time to allow you to grab the next gear.

I use a C.O.O. airshifter on my Max and it works awesome. Good for ~5-6 upshifts before it runs out of air so is really good for a 1/4 mile pass. Have an onboard compressor that I have to manually operate to recharge the system, but well worth it. Can launch and shift from 1st up to 3rd without the front wheel touching the ground. He has them on his website and I do believe that they are cheaper than electric shifters.:eusa_dance:

Thevmaxrider. i have a pingle air shifter its electric over air use my horn button to shift i put a limit switch on mine so the compresser kicks on automaticaly it works really well allways have air. no air hoses/gauge on handle bars anymore.

Back