electric vests

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broook

Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the electric vests sold on e-bay??? They are approx $100us plus p&p.
Are they any good. The # is 170046875011
Sorry I don`t know how to post the direct link.
Thanks.
Bob Brook
99V-max.

I've been using the electric vest for years and would not go on a trip in the spring or fall without one. I've found that if you can keep your back warm the rest of you stays warm. They are especially good when riding on a cold rainy day for any length of time. They are very easy to hook up directly to the battery and the positive side has an inline fuse. If you buy one, make sure it has an on/off swith or thermostat control so that you can control it on the fly. As well, they work alot better when fitted snug rather than oversize.

Thanks for your reply. The vest is under the Christmas tree right now but I don`t think it has a thermostat or switch. Not sure yet until tomorrow.
I see you are from Sask. I just sold two bikes, a CBX & Triumph Trident to a guy in Saskatoon. We shipped The Triumph and he rode the 1980 CBX from the east coast of NFLD to Saskatoon with the only problem being a broken throttle cable.
Merry Christmas,
Bob Brook

I hope you had a Merry Christmas as well. I live 65 miles east of Saskatoon. If your vest doesn't come with a switch all you have to do is wire one in. They are available at most hardware stores. A switch really is handy as it lets you turn it off and on to control your warmth.

Back