electric vmax ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckridge

Reaction score
hi everyone, lately i have been seeing home made electric motorcycles made from a convetional gas powered motorcycle. i thought the vmaX frame and suspension would be great for this ,there is plenty of room for electric motor,controler and batterys. i love the vmax and would never take a complete bike and convert it. but maybe somebody has lots of extra parts and some free time to take on such a project. best to you all ,buckridge

It is pretty amazing isn't it. I have been talking with a company out of Peoria, IL that makes batteries and their owner is big into cars and dragracing, so I'm going to see what comes from this. I have a spare rolling chassis.....:eusa_dance: The amount of current equals the amount of torque, the voltage equals the overall horsepower. The killacycle uses VERY basic technology. Just wait until they start using new capacitors, the power to weight ratio is way better than batteries. I truly believe this will become the fastest way to go down the track. I'm not sure when, but someday. If anyone has any ideas I'm willing to donate a rolling chassis to the cause.

Did you hear them say "the throttle stuck"

Man, that had to be scarry! Think about it... you are probably relying on a cheap Chineese made spring to save your life. I would want a master kill switch somewhere close (along with the reagular kill teather cord)

Good find, the power is incredible.... I may start to do some research and start tinkering with this... maybe we can get Lankee involved and do a 1/5 scale moch-up on his scooter?

There is a diy site called "instructables" which has a couple of battery powered motorcycles and complete instructions on how to make them.Very cool way to travel with no noise and no or very little pollution.The batteries are the biggest cost and the technology behind the batteries is increasing at a huge rate so hopefully they will be able to make an affordable battery with a large capacity and a small size in the future.Soon it will be a case of how many amps have you got rather than horsepower.Kevman

Stupidity doesnt give second chances in this case. That dude died DOA..

No Helmet, city sidewalk in the afternoon.. Smart!

Stupidity doesnt give second chances in this case. That dude died DOA..

No Helmet, city sidewalk in the afternoon.. Smart!

Actually, I think he survived. He just got up, rubbed a little Sea Foam on his owie, and got back in the saddle.

Last time I saw him, he was racing a 'Busa at the track with his electric bike.

Back