Electrical connectors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 8898

Reaction score
Anyone know a good place to find some of the stock style male electrical crimp connectors? Radio Shack?

yes they should heve them, I think they're 0.177" insulated bullet connectors. Yos should also find them at the chain auto parts stores. GB makes quality connectors, you can get them in-bulk through the big box home improvement stores too. NAPA also has them.

I was getting erratic H2O temp readings, & found my female lead to the sender by the H2O filler neck was corroded, & cleaning it caused it to ring-off in my hand, so it probably was about to break entirely anyways at the fitting crimp. Replaced w/just the fitting you are searching for. I crimp it twice, next-to one-another. Sometimes I solder the connection.

If you are looking for the male/female spade terminals, w/the bent 'keeper' for the nylon plugs, you can probably find them at the same places, but you have to go to an auto parts store most-likely, or an appliance repair shop if there's one close to you. They both use the same types of connectors w/that little bent piece you have to release w/a small pick or shim, from one side of the fixture or the other. Look for the additional square or rectangular space above or below the male or female spade, that will be the side you have to stick the pick or shim into & wiggle it to get the bent tab to release the terminal as you pull on it. Sometimes it takes some fiddling, don'y yank it or you will probably snap the wire. When the bent 'tang' releases, the terminal will practically fall right-out.

I have been looking at mouser.com recently for their automotive connectors. After doing the CBR tail light mod, I wanted a good quality connector system so that I could take off the back fender and light without having to re-solder a bunch of wires. Mouser has several connectors from quite expensive to simple bullet connectors. I am going to go with this set for my tail light.

Get them with shrink covers on them, any marina. Or slip a piece of shrink tubing on. I bought a pair of crimps for these types of connectors years ago and always use them. Plyers work ok, but the crimp plyers make a perfect crimp every time.
Steve-o

Hello! over here guys! let me know what you guys are looking for and might have them or will order some up.I can easily compete with those prices

G

I haven't bought from these folks yet but their stuff looks good.

http://eagleday.com/jaco.html

If I sold my stuff for that much I would feel like a criminal :bang head: there is a kit on that website that I know for a fact I could build for easy less than $40 if I had those connectors. They are wanting $300 for their kit, I would feel bad at even $100. Just to give you an idea, I can get a certain crimper for literally $5 and they are selling them for $29 :ummm:. I can buy the same one at a local retail electronics store in my home town for $10. Just an FYI they are way way way to F'n high on their prices. If you are wanting bullets & sleaves like the stock 4mm ones let me know. I have a very small order coming in from a supplier to just take a look at. If they send me as many as they said they were going to I could part with a few .

G

Latest posts

Back