Electrical Help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAXXIMUM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
W1.jpg

w2.jpg

w3.jpg

w4.jpg

w5.jpg

w6.jpg

HELP!!!! I went to go check my charging voltage for the 1st time and possibly do the crimp fix but a PO got to it first. Problem is I cannot figure out what he did. Please help. Charging voltage is great 13.8 at 2500rpm. What I cannot figure out is what the PO did with the crimped connection. I put up some pictures to show you. The crimp seems to be gone but it looks like it's tied into that 4pin connector that is zip tied to one of the coils. You can see me holding it unplugged. That piece that is zip tied is not connected to anything. The connector I'm holding was plugged into it. I have no Idea what is is or does. I did not try running the bike with it unplugged. I took a picture of the piece zip tied to the coil showing I presume is the part number. Please enlighten me.

I did some research and it's a Panasonic relay. Great, what does it do? Could it have something to do with the t boost. My bike had one but I had my local bike shop remove it....supposedly.

Probably nothing to do with the charging system.
The relay was probably put in to beef up available voltage to your headlight, or an auxiliary horn (both very common modifications)
Try starting the bike with the relay connection unplugged. See if the headlight or horn do not work.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back