Electrical issue, where to begin

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
This just happened half hour ago. no problem until now. Bike started fine and ran for 10 minutes. Went down the road maybe 200 ft and it popped and studdered, then came back to life. Went about a mile and the same popping/studdering then it died. I smelled wires so I pulled the seat. The battery was smoking hot, and the ground wire from the battery cable to the upper frame was melted. I disconnected the battery. I played around with it for a bit. when I tried hooking the battery back, it got hot immediatley. I had to push it a 1/4 mile to get it to a safe place, so I haven't had a good chance to pull any covers. I'm guessing a a bare wire somewhere. Is there any components that would make it act like that.

Could the RR gone bad and overcharges the battery making it fail ?

It's hard to figure out electrical problems when you are looking at bike, let alone on the other side of a keyboard.

Just sayin !!

Gary

I hear ya Gary. Electrical is my weakness. I'm just looking for a possible similiar situation, that someone might have gone through.

I hear ya Gary. Electrical is my weakness. I'm just looking for a possible similiar situation, that someone might have gone through.

'Similar' my not be same as the issue you have.

Sorry to lecture but the only way to get a 'right first time' fix is to work through in a logical manner.

This should help you get to the root cause.

Latest posts

Back