electrical short or its just blowing fuses

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Got my bike on thursday and for 1 thing the tacnometer doesnt go but now the main light and tach light wasnt going , later to find it had blown a fuse so fixed that then went on to look at the tacho prob cleaned the connections turned the key to find no lights again. What could be causing this , tried other fuses and bulbs but nothing :ummm:

Does it start? If not check the main fuse. Sounds like there's a short somewhere. Remove the bucket and make sure wires in there are intact.

Correct. I remove actual headlight by removing two screws...one at 4:00 and the other at 7:00. Disconnect the headlight connector. Next, disconnect bullet connectors for speedo and turn signals. Remove 10 mm bolt at back of headlight bucket and swivel bucket forward to get at the nuts holding the turn signal stalks on.

Get a meter and you can also get an online service manual for the Max. It should help you. I forget the link, but I thinks its "vmaxoutlaw" or something like that to down load it. Make sure you have a good ground aswell as a good connection. If your blowing fuses, there is a short somewhere or your not using the right fuse - but don't what ever you do step up to a higher rated fuse your just asking for trouble.

Any luck yet, do as they said about the good ground check for clean surface on fuel pump mount(main ground). Second, do you know if any thing was done to it, aftermarket wise, turn signals, headlight, tethered kill switch, any thing electrical, make sure it is as the elec. schematic says. For the record it could have nothing to do with the head light or your meter, which may causing your problems. Hope this may help, Roy

Any luck yet, do as they said about the good ground check for clean surface on fuel pump mount(main ground). Second, do you know if any thing was done to it, aftermarket wise, turn signals, headlight, tethered kill switch, any thing electrical, make sure it is as the elec. schematic says. For the record it could have nothing to do with the head light or your meter, which may causing your problems. Hope this may help, Roy

No luck with it , have even changed fuses and bulbs:ummm:

You have changed the 30 amp fuses in the main fuse holder also???

Does the bike start???

Neil

Back