Electrical theory - made easy!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miles Long

Reaction score
I've heard people verbally equate electrical principles to common plumbing terms, but have never seen it in print - till now.
This sure makes it all easier to understand!
Cheers!

Attachments

• Electrics for Plumbers2.pdf
    429.7 KB · Views: 73
Just saw this. Cool post.

I'm in the utility substation industry and have often thought of the first three equivalents but the guy went all the way.

Being in the electrical distribution industry, I've seen electrons spew out of the end of a bare wire on occasion - enough to melt gravel. Seeing that bare wire flip and flop around while arcing, makes a person want to go the opposite direction, IN A HURRY.

Great post. I've saved it to my computer for future reference.

Thanks for finding it Miles.

I want to see him come up with an analolgy for the following

True Power

Apparent Power

Reactive Power

Power factor

And the Power triangle

I want to see him come up with an analogy for the following

True Power

Apparent Power

Reactive Power

Power factor

And the Power triangle

Why him?
Sounds like you may have created a challenge(contest?) for the electrical gurus on this forum!
The analogies wouldn't necessarily have to be related to plumbing principles - just to something easier for the layman to understand.
Cheers!

Why him?
Sounds like you may have created a challenge(contest?) for the electrical gurus on this forum!
The analogies wouldn't necessarily have to be related to plumbing principles - just to something easier for the layman to understand.
Cheers!

Lol!

Hell I been in the power industry for 28 years and still am not sure I understand those things I listed!

thanks miles! i managed to get through my circuits and electronics classes using the first three analogies, but never took the time to even wonder what would be the plumbing equivalent of the other components. AWESOME.

That explanation made things to where I can even understand the basics of electricity.......thanks Miles

Latest posts

Back