Embarrasing drop moment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chug4life

Reaction score
So while leaving work on Thursday while putti g my sidestand up my opposite foot slipped resulting in one of those slow drops you cant do anything to stop lol. End result was 800lbs of weight ( left case cover crush ) on left ankle. Had I not been wearing my milwaukee motorcycle boots and using running shoes etc I would be in a cast and not just a nasty bruise.

If the admins here would like to use this to promote ATGATT feel free to do so.

Attachments

• 20220915_182646.jpg
    20220915_182646.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220915_183231.jpg
    20220915_183231.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220916_180740.jpg
    20220916_180740.jpg
    740.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220918_123005.jpg
    20220918_123005.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
No broken bones = good.
Bikes, boots etc can be repaired to be as new but not so the hunan body.
Hopefully you'll heal soon.

Wise move wearing protective gear. Doesn't matter how careful you are, accidents can happen so best to be dressed appropriately.

No broken bones = good.

Wise move wearing protective gear. Doesn't matter how careful you are, accidents can happen so best to be dressed

No broken bones = good.

Wise move wearing protective gear. Doesn't matter how careful you are, accidents can happen so best to be dressed appropriately.
Thx, i feel dumb it happened but happy for my boots at the same time. Only a couple months of sporadic ride days left so this will be replaced during the winter for now its jb weld for the win. Will be back together tonight.

Attachments

• 20220915_184047.jpg
    20220915_184047.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
So while leaving work on Thursday while putti g my sidestand up my opposite foot slipped resulting in one of those slow drops you cant do anything to stop lol. End result was 800lbs of weight ( left case cover crush ) on left ankle. Had I not been wearing my milwaukee motorcycle boots and using running shoes etc I would be in a cast and not just a nasty bruise.

If the admins here would like to use this to promote ATGATT feel free to do so.
Sad to hear you went down, glad to hear you were properly dressed and had minimal damage!

Thx, i feel dumb it happened but happy for my boots at the same time. Only a couple months of sporadic ride days left so this will be replaced during the winter for now its jb weld for the win. Will be back together tonight.
Looks like the clutch lever took damage as well..?

Yes, glad to see it's not any worse for you. Healing will take more than a few weeks.

I bet CaptainKyle or Sean Morley will have an instrument bracket to replace that, less trouble than trying to remove it and attempting to have it welded. Post some pics of the JB Weld fix when it's cured.

Yes, glad to see it's not any worse for you. Healing will take more than a few weeks.

I bet CaptainKyle or Sean Morley will have an instrument bracket to replace that, less trouble than trying to remove it and attempting to have it welded. Post some pics of the JB Weld fix when it's cured.
Thx for that, the jb weld job looks like Micheal J Fox applied it while shuffling cards, not sure I want to post any LOL.

Put it all back together and gorilla taped my ankle like it was sprained and geared up for a test ride, through start and stop traffic and felt really good. I took my final week's holiday time to just take it easy and heal up so at least there's no lost wages.

Put it all back together and gorilla taped my ankle like it was sprained and geared up for a test ride, through start and stop traffic and felt really good. I took my final week's holiday time to just take it easy and heal up so at least there's no lost wages.
Glad to see your back up, here's what ya need till the ankle's ready.
71szJ+quTWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Cold packs for the swelling reduction, heat for promoting the bruising to be healed. Careful not to use extremes of either, please.

Training wheels! I remember the day one spring my father told me, "the training wheels come-off now." And they did. He promised to be behind me holding the bicycle and me upright, but as I got on with it, I turned around to see my father standing stationary in the middle of the road, and I was on my own. No falling that day, and that bike served multiple members of the family. When I got my Raleigh 3-speed later, it was like a magic carpet ride. The VMax when I rode it home from the dealer, felt that way too, though I'd been riding an FZR1000 for more-than 5 years, and that would power-wheelie at-will.

It happens, saw at least 3 tip overs last weekend. Glad your not worse. Good on you for posting and promoting use of proper mc gear also. Thers so many without even the basic helmet, boots, gloves

My only drop was a VTX1300 while moving it around my garage (Some garage junk got stuck behind my foot). Only a scuffed saddlebag, and some bruised pride.

@Chug4life I've got an OEM instrument/turn signal bracket that I can probably ship you for cheap. I swapped to a 7" headlight on my Vmax, so it's just sitting in the garage. Shoot me a PM and I should be able to ship it your way. I'm located in Nevada, not sure how much shipping would be, but probably not too much.​

That ankle pic looks bad. Been there, crashed my race car long ago due to mechanical malfunction and experienced something similar. Broke two ribs too and lost part of my scalp. Ribs were most annoying.

Hope you heal well and fast.

I shiver to think what this ankle would looks like had i been like the 70% of riders who dont wear gear...

Attachments

• 20220920_102023.jpg
    20220920_102023.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Back