Embarrassing moments in Hog History

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the turn out is so huge wtf would you pull all the way to the edge like that?. And HD riders running off the road , some are a damm road hazard.

That WHOLE freaking parking lot and he rode off the edge?

THAT is funny shit right there.

30,000 dollars and 30 feet don't make you a motorcyclist...

Chris

I hesitate to poke fun at that poor guys misfortune. His pride and joy is probably seriously damaged. I have made some dumb mistakes in my life (none quite as bad as that) on a bike. I can remember falling down in parking lots several times for a variety of reasons. Mostly because of my short legs having difficulty holding the bike up in sloping areas. Once, many years ago, I took off fast out of a parking spot and immediately turned left, still in the parking lot. It was a hot day (in El Paso) and the asphalt had oil on the top. I slid out so fast I didn't even have time to put my leg down. Ruined a set of dress khakis (was in the Army) and suffered mild road rash. The bike was mostly protected by my body, so little damage was done to it. Just one of the lessons learned....

Wow that's just amazing. I know my time will come. The only embarrassing moment for me at the moment was when I was pulling out of Applebee's onto a busy street (having the bike for a wk) when I didn't give it enough gas and killed it while I was in mid turn. I slammed my short legs down but was too surprised by what just happened and I was already leaned over so my bike continued to fall. I wasn't strong enough to bring it back up so I'm struggling with all of my might to stand her up and these two young guys in the car behind me where like "Hey you ok? You need some help?" There was no way in heck was I gotta let them help me lol. Yeah real stupid. So I finally got her up and I knew these guys were thinking "wow that is one really really weak guy" I didn't want them to know that I was a woman because I could see them really thinking that this is a great reason why women shouldn't ride. Either way I was too embarrassed for them to see who I was or even help me. Let me tell you boy oh boy was I sore the very next day!

I felt bad for the poor guy....he obviously babied that Harley...even had a fairing bra to protect it.

Just a slight miscalculation that got worse...and worse...and worse...!

There prolly wasn't a whole lot of damage to the bike, at that point...but getting it back up that hill might be a different story!!

At the end of the thread, The HD guy emailed that the tow truck pulled the harley up across the rocks and messed it up real good. Insurance totaled it.

What can you say? That would just suck! I almost did something just as horrible on Sunday in a moment of utter stupidity. I will just say that I got really lucky and everything was fine but it could have been bad, LOL.

What can you say? That would just suck! I almost did something just as horrible on Sunday in a moment of utter stupidity. I will just say that I got really lucky and everything was fine but it could have been bad, LOL.

Mike...pretty sure it's a forum requirement that, if you throw out the suggestion of a story, you must tell that story in the next post!! :rofl_200:

Let's hear it!!:punk:

Mike...pretty sure it's a forum requirement that, if you throw out the suggestion of a story, you must tell that story in the next post!! :rofl_200:

Let's hear it!!:punk:

shouldn't have said anything:bang head: LOL

Stupid move#1: Met up with 4 friends at one of their houses for a ride on Sunday. When I came out of the house I noticed the headlight was on. Shit. Hit the starter button and nothing but "click, click" Shit again.

The house has a "driveway" that wraps around the backside of it. It is barely wide enuf to drive a vehicle behing the house and around. It more of a path but you can fit a car thru there. It is lined with loose gravel. At teh edge of the "driveway" behind the house is a 25' drop-off down into the woods. It not a hill, its a drop off. And there are a lot of trees there. But no water. However there is a lot of horse manure down at the bootom of the dropoff, and a horse fence, and some horses, down in the valley there.

Stupid move #2: After a failed attempt at bumpstarting the bike in the level, loose gravel driveway, I opted to head down hill toward the makeshift "driveway" that wraps around the house. Put the bike up into 5th gear. Pull in the clutch and run. Jump on the bitch and dump the clutch. Back wheel is locking up, turning, then locking up. Im trying to hit the throttle a bit in hopes that it will roar to life. The engine is chugging a bit trying to wake up....I near the corner of the house where the "driveway" is very tight, the gravel is very loose, and the drop-off is very steep. The bike chugs quite hard, surges with the throttle, and comes alive, all of a sudden, going round the corner. The front wheel loses traction and we (my motorcycle and I) kind of drift just over to the edge of the gravel feeling very out of control, rocks are flying, I was.....scared, yeah I admit it. Clutch pulled in, control regained, I'm RIGHT ON THE EDGE but ride it out without tipping over the edge. I coast along the back sid of the house and stop at the other corner. I jsat ther for a second, turned around and looked atthe path I had just taken and realized how stupid I was for doing what I did, and how close I came to launching over the edge and landing in a tree or smaking a treee or whatever. Then it stalled. Ahh shit. Turned it around and did the same thing all over again but this time it was running before I hit the corner. Disaster averted. And then we rode.

shouldn't have said anything:bang head: LOL

Stupid move#1: Met up with 4 friends at one of their houses for a ride on Sunday. When I came out of the house I noticed the headlight was on. Shit. Hit the starter button and nothing but "click, click" Shit again.

The house has a "driveway" that wraps around the backside of it. It is barely wide enuf to drive a vehicle behing the house and around. It more of a path but you can fit a car thru there. It is lined with loose gravel. At teh edge of the "driveway" behind the house is a 25' drop-off down into the woods. It not a hill, its a drop off. And there are a lot of trees there. But no water. However there is a lot of horse manure down at the bootom of the dropoff, and a horse fence, and some horses, down in the valley there.

Stupid move #2: After a failed attempt at bumpstarting the bike in the level, loose gravel driveway, I opted to head down hill toward the makeshift "driveway" that wraps around the house. Put the bike up into 5th gear. Pull in the clutch and run. Jump on the bitch and dump the clutch. Back wheel is locking up, turning, then locking up. Im trying to hit the throttle a bit in hopes that it will roar to life. The engine is chugging a bit trying to wake up....I near the corner of the house where the "driveway" is very tight, the gravel is very loose, and the drop-off is very steep. The bike chugs quite hard, surges with the throttle, and comes alive, all of a sudden, going round the corner. The front wheel loses traction and we (my motorcycle and I) kind of drift just over to the edge of the gravel feeling very out of control, rocks are flying, I was.....scared, yeah I admit it. Clutch pulled in, control regained, I'm RIGHT ON THE EDGE but ride it out without tipping over the edge. I coast along the back sid of the house and stop at the other corner. I jsat ther for a second, turned around and looked atthe path I had just taken and realized how stupid I was for doing what I did, and how close I came to launching over the edge and landing in a tree or smaking a treee or whatever. Then it stalled. Ahh shit. Turned it around and did the same thing all over again but this time it was running before I hit the corner. Disaster averted. And then we rode.

Oh SHIT!!! That could have had some disasterous consequences!! Glad it turned out OK.

Thanks for sharing.....I kinda arm twisted you into that one...but it's a great story!! :clapping:

Latest posts

Back