Empty trailer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's empty now....but it won't be empty tomorrow night! :punk:

I'm getting up bright & early to embark on a 5hr. one-way trip to pick up another bike! :th_image003:

I have wanted this bike for a very long time....not just a bike like it, but this particular bike! :worthy:

What in the hell could it possibly be?? :hmmm: :biglaugh:

Pics to follow after the completion of a successful mission!! :clapping:

Attachments

• 100_2543.jpg
    100_2543.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 35
What in the hell could it possibly be?? :hmmm: :biglaugh:

Pics to follow after the completion of a successful mission!! :clapping:[/QUOTE]

Thats not even a fair tease,how bout a clue?

I'd like to make an educated guess.......................................but I lack the education!

I may be able to sum this up with two letters..................................XJ

The story is this....My Grandmother passed away in '85 and left me a small amount of money....almost enough to buy this bike. So I borrowed a little more and went to the local Yamaha dealer and bought it. In '89 I sold it, along with all my other toys, to start my tank testing business.

I regretted selling it as soon as it was out the driveway and always wanted to get it back. Well, the guy who has it (he bought it from the guy I sold it to) called me Tuesday and asked if I was still interested in it.

I'm bringing her 'back home' tomorrow!! She has 16K....8K of which I put on!

Thats a GREAT full circle story,sorry to spoil the suspense...........but when presented a challenge I like to rise to the occasion. Thats how the MAXGASSER came about!

'Tank-testing' as in EPA-reg. underground storage tanks, or pressure-testing compressed-gas hydrotesting?

Yeah all those '80's Yamahas are kinda cool, they're 'different.' Styling not for everyone's taste. I always liked the engine in the 550 Vision, the various displacement Secas, and the epitome of late '80's cool, the "Pure Sports" Genesis bad-boys! It was a quarter-century ago they came-up w/the 5-valve design, which hung-in there for quite awhile. I still enjoy mine every time I take it out.

Back