Engine Guards

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneksoldier

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of torn between the OEM engine guards and the Delkevic. Just wondering if anyone has a pic of the Delkevic style installed, or has owned a set. I've seen plenty of the OEM on the bike and they look good, but the Delkevic style seems to have a more secure mounting design. I just can't seem to find a pic of them actually installed.

Vmax.jpg
I found this one on a Filipino bike forum. You can SORT of see the engine guards on it. :)

I'm kind of torn between the OEM engine guards and the Delkevic. Just wondering if anyone has a pic of the Delkevic style installed, or has owned a set. I've seen plenty of the OEM on the bike and they look good, but the Delkevic style seems to have a more secure mounting design. I just can't seem to find a pic of them actually installed.

heres a picture of my Delkevic . well worth the 100 bucks in my eyes.. im gonna be removing the black end cap and mounting some pegs on the end there :biglaugh:. Only thing is they send a wrong size bolt for the right hand one. I just went to hardware store and bought a chrome one because they didnt have the stainless at the store

ResizedImage_1340476544842.jpg

You gotta figure out why your pictures show up as a text link. Whenever I click on it, the screen dims like it's going to show a thumbnail, then the site just hangs there forever and gets stuck. I always have to log in again afterward also.

Anyway my OEM (I believe, were on the bike when I got it) guards worked as advertised in a low speed crash. The engine was unscathed, the exhaust and handlebar/brake cylinder took almost all the damage. The center bolt snapped off and the guard was bent back slightly, but a new bolt pulled it back straight again.

You gotta figure out why your pictures show up as a text link. Whenever I click on it, the screen dims like it's going to show a thumbnail, then the site just hangs there forever and gets stuck. I always have to log in again afterward also.

Anyway my OEM (I believe, were on the bike when I got it) guards worked as advertised in a low speed crash. The engine was unscathed, the exhaust and handlebar/brake cylinder took almost all the damage. The center bolt snapped off and the guard was bent back slightly, but a new bolt pulled it back straight again.

Huh??? That's weird. I took the picture with my phone sent it to my email then downloaded it to the comp and uploaded it to the thread... I Donno what happened??? Im happy with them. If I ever dumb the last thing ill worry about is my bike. Mainly wanted them for pegs.. never cared about dumping my rockets lol

I have a pair and reckon that they are top notch quality so would unreservedly recommend them.

The only aspect I didn't like was the plastic end plugs which I suspect would do nothing in the event of a crash.
I made some crash bobbins to replace those which came with the bars and had them powder coated black (the bars, not the bobbins!).

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I plan on making a set in the next couple weeks if I can find some spare time.

I have seen a few custom ones browsing the net and have taken some ideas and mixed them together and should have something new and cool soon.

I too want something to put my feet on when on extended cruises. So I am incorporating that into my design as well.

Todd

I plan on making a set in the next couple weeks if I can find some spare time.

I have seen a few custom ones browsing the net and have taken some ideas and mixed them together and should have something new and cool soon.

I too want something to put my feet on when on extended cruises. So I am incorporating that into my design as well.

Todd

No doubt. Having a comfy foot position is what I'm going for too. Thought about making something myself, but my new job is absolutely sucking all of my free time away. On the bright side, making some much-needed monkey feed money.

OVER Racing is a Japanese $$$ speed equipment manufacturer. That is s what the logo has is an OVER brand.

To me that Over Racing exhaust is a lot of can sticking out. Cool that it's carbon but way too big. A single can would work. I have some Over parts and they are very nice. I sent them to Sean for chrome. SteveL, great pics!

This setup we sell is what you use if you truly want a cruise peg that can fold up.

Attachments

• Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg
    Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 64

Latest posts

Back