Engine Ice heads up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
just tried engine ice and id like to let you folks know that it's worse than the 2 year old prestone i replaced...beware!

disclaimer- i don't work for, sell for or know anyone who is associated with the engine ice folks.

how do you figure ??? the physical properties of the two are dramatically different. I have put it in three different bikes with the same results-lower operating temp and significantly faster recovery.

I would check your system... .

Ive had it for two years now and it is fine.
Like ssn said...
My temp recovery is a lot faster with it.

Are you sure you drained your engine block completely before you put it in. You can not mix anything with Engine Ice, not even plain water.

I'd like to know what you found also, because I just bought some. I haven't used it yet, but I have heard nothing but good things about the engine ice.

i dont know about engine ice but ive always used water wetter with great experiences

I'd like to know what you found also, because I just bought some. I haven't used it yet, but I have heard nothing but good things about the engine ice.

Remember to pull your cylinder plugs and flush em out. You don't want anything mixed with Engine Ice.
I flushed my system with clean water for a good half hour to make sure I got as much of the old coolant out as I possibly could. Then I pulled the cylinder plugs out and used compressed air to get as much water out as I could.
It pays off to put in the extra effort to make sure you do it right.

Any new word on this claim?

I currently run Engine Ice in my R1 and R6 since I put them on the track, and I have had no problems. I have noticed a drop in engine temperatures since adding it. And I plan to do my 91 FZR (a chronic overheater in traffic, with a 1040 overbore and race cams) and the 05 Vmax.

As others have said, complete flushing is PARAMOUNT in this stuff working right. I would also add with any cooling system change that ensuring ALL air is gotten out of the cooling system.

Please elaborate.

I have not used Water Wetter in several years, because Water Wetter and distilled water do not offer freeze protection, and I hit several tracks during the time when overnight temps hit freezing. But I know a pre mix from Water Wetter is available, and I have heard that they are offering a mix that has anti freeze qualities.

I've read on LP and it sounds good, but I have not seen a lot of track approvals, so I am reluctant to try it.

i flushed the system completely. it's not that it's bad, i just saw no difference between that and the old coolant. i was disappointed that it didnt live up to the claims. being 4x the price, suppose i wanted a miracle.

you really saw no difference? for my changes it has been worth the dime for sure. what % antifreeze did you have in the bike?

btw, where are you in NY? I am at my brothers in Ithaca re-roofng his house. suck factor = high

i flushed the system completely. it's not that it's bad, i just saw no difference between that and the old coolant. i was disappointed that it didnt live up to the claims. being 4x the price, suppose i wanted a miracle.

:jerk it:

Back