Engine mounting point measurements - New V-max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MELCENZANAH

Reaction score
I didn't see an area to introduce myself, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. My name is Bryan and I own and operate MELCENZANAH MOTORSIKLET, in Turkey. I am an American, but moved here a couple years ago to be with my wife and and family. I had a shop in Western NY too for many years. We build custom motorcycles from mild to wild and from chopper to all out race bikes. We use eninges from our favorite motorcycles and build from there. Enough about me and the company.

I am researching building a sportbike out of a new v-max and one thing I need to know before I pick up an engine is the measurements of the frame mounting points. I have attached a picture of the measurements I need, if anyone can help. I also need at least a general measurement from the frame mounting point to the same point on the opposite side.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Attachments

• vmax for measurements.jpg
    vmax for measurements.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 50
Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll get plenty of information here. I can't help ya with the measurements cause I don't ride a Gen II, but I'm sure one of the Gen II owners will chime in and help ya.

Thanks for the warm welcome and it sounds like this is a very helpful friendly forum. Can't wait to get into designing this monster.

I'm surprised no one has posted the measurements. I'll see if I can find out for you.

If you can find them that would be wonderful!

We're moving to a bigger place right now so I wont be online for a day or two but will be back and ready to design soon.

After some further research on vmax availability here (Turkey) I may have to go with a first gen but would still like measurements for the second gen. But am now in need of measurements for the first gen too if you could help.

Will be back soon and I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Thanks again.

I don't have any measurements, but I am from western NY. Where were you from? How did you end up in Turkey?
Tim

My wife is Turkish and I ended up loving it here so never left. I grew up in Fairport and Webster and lived in Buffalo and Niagara Falls later on. Where are you at in Western NY?

I grew up in Holland, about 25 miles outside Buffalo. Now I live in Elma, again a little outside of Buffalo. Was your shop in the Falls. Did you ever race your bikes at Lancaster or Leicester.
Tim

I know where Holland and Elma are. Used to go to both areas to ride with friends. I had a shop in the Falls behind the Airport and one in Fairport when I was there. Didn't race at leicester but did at Lancaster a bit. I had more paint work in the Falls then anything. A bunch of choppers and mostly sportbikes. I bought a old VF700 up in Elma quite a while back. How's western NY fairing right now? Warming up yet? That's one thing I don't miss at all. It really doesn't get cold here and riding season never ends.

The weather is coming along here. We have a few inches of snow on the ground still, but it should be mostly gone this weekend. The next few days are supposed to be in the 50's with a chance of rain. We're all looking for rain here to wash the salt off the roads.
When I saw Turkey, all I could think of was deserts and camels. I googled it. You live in a very cool place. There's a ton of history there, and year round riding is hard to beat.
Tim

You have no idea. Lots of history here! Beautiful place and I'm right off the med! I saw plenty of desert when I was in the AF but not around here really and not one camel yet! LOL I remember the wait for the first good rain to wash away the salt. I hope that you get your rain soon and get some riding in!

On an other note --- Anyone got the measurements I'm looking for?? LOL

Back