Engine paint reference?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax01

Reaction score
I have to respray some covers (clutch, alternator) and I would like to either find the reference of the paint used by Yamaha on the engine or one that's very much lookalike in order to see no difference between the covers and the center cases. Does someone have this reference or a good paint to recommend?
Thanks a lot.

I have to respray some covers (clutch, alternator) and I would like to either find the reference of the paint used by Yamaha on the engine or one that's very much lookalike in order to see no difference between the covers and the center cases. Does someone have this reference or a good paint to recommend?
Thanks a lot.
If you want to buy pre-mixed, start here.
https://www.colorrite.com/

If you want to buy from a local shop, not sure how to help other than asking them to color match something existing that isn't faded.

I use the Engine Paint kit from KBS coatings. In my case, I hand brushed it on, Mostly with a light feather brush. I would have liked to spray it on, since it would have came out smoother, but I did not have the means for spraying. As for the color, There were times I could not tell if I painted it already or was that the stock paint, It was that close. I asked them for a samples of different colors of blacks and charcoal greys. The one that looked and felt, like stock was the 58012-S Motor Coater Kit - Velvet Black.

Attachments

• 1 - Before Project.jpg
    1 - Before Project.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 45
  • 2 - Left Kleen - RustB - Etch small.jpg
    2 - Left Kleen - RustB - Etch small.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 3 - Right Kleen - RustB - Etch small.jpg
    3 - Right Kleen - RustB - Etch small.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 3-1 Right side - After Shot.jpg
    3-1 Right side - After Shot.jpg