Engine saver bracket.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy1969

Reaction score
I stripped my V-Max down to do the o-ring mod with an engine saver bracket, the O-ring was half way out so just about in time I think.

After fitting the engine saver bracket, it holds the pipe really solidly and wont move, I was refitting the oil pump and part of the casing broke
View attachment 68060
I have put a longer bolt in (sump bolt) and it has tightened up, the other 2 bolts holding the pump on went on fine and are rock solid, I am thinking of using some epoxy metal putty over the exposed threads just to add more strength, will this be OK? if not can it be repaired or do I need a new engine, another issue is that with the engine saver bracket fitted the plastic cap on the bottom of the pipe wont go back on securely, is this a problem?

cheers in advance guys

Last edited:
If it were me, I'd put some medium threadlocker on that bolt all not worry about it.
As far as the plastic cap goes, are you referring to OEM part # 26H-15366-01-00?
If so, I'm not sure I understand how installing the engine saver bracket would affect its installation.

Yes it is that part no, its the grommet on the bottom of the pipe, the engine saver bracket is snug against the neck of the pipe and the grommet wont sit square on the base of the pipe, what is the purpose of the grommet? is it just to stabilize the pipe against the oil pan? if so I needn't worry as the engine saver bracket will do that

I'd try to fit the puck anyway. Did the bracket move the tubing some? The thread boss, if it were me, I'd weld a piece on the thread boss, redrill and re-thread it.A glob of filler bouncing around in the lower end concerns me. I think Sean or Damon might see this and chime in with good advice.

I stripped my V-Max down to do the o-ring mod with an engine saver bracket, the O-ring was half way out so just about in time I think.

After fitting the engine saver bracket, it holds the pipe really solidly and wont move, I was refitting the oil pump and part of the casing broke
View attachment 68060
I have put a longer bolt in (sump bolt) and it has tightened up, the other 2 bolts holding the pump on went on fine and are rock solid, I am thinking of using some epoxy metal putty over the exposed threads just to add more strength, will this be OK? if not can it be repaired or do I need a new engine, another issue is that with the engine saver bracket fitted the plastic cap on the bottom of the pipe wont go back on securely, is this a problem?

cheers in advance guys
Where did you get your bracket from please

Latest posts

Back