Engine touch up paint .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chargerblk

Reaction score
Not a biggie but has anyone ever had the need to touch up the gray colour on the cover plate (opposite side of clutch ) between foot peg and shift lever ?
I installed the Corbin plates to lower foot pegs ( crazy expensive ) and have noticed my boots have scuffed the paint off this cover plate. Could look at it as battle scars I
suppose, but if I could match the paint to restore to "new" I would do.

They make engine paints for Vmax's of all colors.

This is a good site that makes factory matched touch up colors.

You put in the year, make and model and it'll give you the paints for everything: Body, frame, engine, etc.

Hi Parminio. I checked that site out before. Cool, but it only covers body and wheel .

I see that ! Gen 1 engine.
Wow. Just my luck they don't list for Gen 2.
Who knows if its the same ... ?

I see that ! Gen 1 engine.
Wow. Just my luck they don't list for Gen 2.
Who knows if its the same ... ?
Well, it's pretty easy to tell. Look at the frame color of the Gen 2. The frame and engine color of my 2007 are the same exact color. So if your frame color matches the 2007 frame color, then the engine color is the same.

Edit to add:

My 2007 has a frame color of 5988-1 which is the exact same as the engine color of 5988-1.

When you look up the 2010 Gen 2 Vmax, the frame / swingarm color is the exact same color: 5988-1. So if the engine looks like your frame, it too is the exact same color.

Back