Engine weight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman22

Reaction score
does anybody know offhand what a stock complete motor weighs minus starter and vboost. I'm trying to calculate shipping and I'm afraid my fat butt and the Max's fat motor would break my wife's skinny butt scale.

I have shipped a lot of V-Max engines, just do like I do, LIE & tell them 258lbs. including the crate! I've only been caught once, they reweighed it at the terminal & charge me for 305lbs.

I have shipped a lot of V-Max engines, just do like I do, LIE & tell them 258lbs. including the crate! I've only been caught once, they reweighed it at the terminal & charge me for 305lbs.

That's just funny. I would like to see your face when they came back to you and with that face that one does when giving a child a reprimand for not behaving. Lol

Heavy enough that my back hurt for a week after putting it in the bed of a truck by myself

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've shipped a couple and used a figure similar to Damon's. Putting it onto a pallet & strapped-down w/ratcheting tie-downs was an easy way to go. I once got one from another member and it was shipped in a big plastic tub, which was a good idea as it contained any spillage of fluids, the transporters get excited at something like that happening.

The Tubs a good idea.

The tub was on a standard pallet, that method worked very well. Again, the cheap Harbor Freight ratcheting tiedowns were used to strap the motor in the tub to the pallet.

Well I've got a few things on eBay including the motor and was contemplating building a shipping crate. This simplifies things. I'm hoping to get enough out of the parts bike to buy my front springs, rear shocks,seat cut job , rear wheel widening and some radials.
I know,probably not but we all have dreams.

Latest posts

Back