Entitled Parents.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a kid....if a child got unruly, the parent would take the child outside, and not subject everyone in the restaurant to it.

That would've solved all of the issues in this case.

That was when most people still knew what good manners and consideration for others were all about, unlike today's entitled "it's all about me and screw you" society.

Shoot the Parents, Save the Child...:clapping:

I mostly get pissed at movies when people want to be irritating but I've done Food Establishments too.

People will shut up or shut their kids up when they think you have no limit to your escalation of force.

I think that the parents and the store owner were both in the wrong.

The parents shouldn't tolerate that behavior or at least be courteous enough to remove their child from the restaurant.

The owner shouldn't be screaming in the face of a child that's under 2 years old. Telling the parents to get their child under control or leave would be the appropriate action in my opinion.

I think that the parents and the store owner were both in the wrong.

The parents shouldn't tolerate that behavior or at least be courteous enough to remove their child from the restaurant.

The owner shouldn't be screaming in the face of a child that's under 2 years old. Telling the parents to get their child under control or leave would be the appropriate action in my opinion.

First report I heard yesterday stated the owner did ask them to leave and the couple refused. Back in the old days I would have wiped that table with ammonia to " clean " it. They wouldn't have stayed another minute.

flying with a bad set of parent's is the worst. Hell it s bad enough with a good set of parent's. children need attention. I don't see anything wrong with letting a kid have a big meal as long as its in the budget and the kid can finish it even if the kid take's it home and eat's it later. My son is 25 years old and i have never hit him ever and i never will. I'm far from being the perfect parent but one thing i do know about parenting is hitting a child is almost the worst thing you could ever do. The waitress was wrong to yell at the child. Respect is still and always will be the best action to take with any person young or old. If it got out of hand that bad she would have been better off playing a game with the kid every time she walked by that table. If she would have done that and included the parent's the parent's would of had no choice but to join in and maybe the game might teach the parent's a new skill. Our world is forgetting how to enjoy life in the moment.

flying with a bad set of parent's is the worst. Hell it s bad enough with a good set of parent's. children need attention. I don't see anything wrong with letting a kid have a big meal as long as its in the budget and the kid can finish it even if the kid take's it home and eat's it later. My son is 25 years old and i have never hit him ever and i never will. I'm far from being the perfect parent but one thing i do know about parenting is hitting a child is almost the worst thing you could ever do. The waitress was wrong to yell at the child. Respect is still and always will be the best action to take with any person young or old. If it got out of hand that bad she would have been better off playing a game with the kid every time she walked by that table. If she would have done that and included the parent's the parent's would of had no choice but to join in and maybe the game might teach the parent's a new skill. Our world is forgetting how to enjoy life in the moment.

She wasn't a waitress , she is the owner. Her place of business was being disrespected by the parents. Many other customers were being abused by these parents. Yelling at a child does not constitute child abuse , though I think she should have directed her anger and frustration at the parents , outside the restaurant.

I probably would have been on my feet applauding had I been dining there on that day. When my kids were young we stuck to family restaurants even though their public behavior was excellent. We often got compliments on their behavior by other patrons, but there are quite a few eateries where kids are just not appropriate at any time of the day, regardless of their behavior.

We have Ihop, Denny's, Chucky Cheese and a few other restaurants that are kid friendly, anything else is a gray area. Any place that charges more than $25/plate is not for kids at any time of the day. It really sucks when your out someplace decent and you have to listen to someones kids, especially if you had the consideration to hire a sitter for your own. I hope this article prompts others to become less tolerant of this rudeness.

I know that people with kids know they are being rude, ever notice that they will go out of their way not to make eye contact with anyone? They know! They just don't care. This is even worse than not muting your cellphone ringer. I hope the widespread nature of this article causes parents to rethink this rude behavior. I once got our meals free at a mid grade steak house because of someones rotten kids next to us. I never said anything but the waiter waived our bill because of the "terrible atmosphere you had to endure". So he got a handsome tip and now I scan the eating area before we are seated. It' helps to eat after 8pm but it's not a guarantee.

I probably would have been on my feet applauding had I been dining there on that day. When my kids were young we stuck to family restaurants even though their public behavior was excellent. We often got compliments on their behavior by other patrons, but there are quite a few eateries where kids are just not appropriate at any time of the day, regardless of their behavior.

We have Ihop, Denny's, Chucky Cheese and a few other restaurants that are kid friendly, anything else is a gray area. Any place that charges more than $25/plate is not for kids at any time of the day. It really sucks when your out someplace decent and you have to listen to someones kids, especially if you had the consideration to hire a sitter for your own. I hope this article prompts others to become less tolerant of this rudeness.

I know that people with kids know they are being rude, ever notice that they will go out of their way not to make eye contact with anyone? They know! They just don't care. This is even worse than not muting your cellphone ringer. I hope the widespread nature of this article causes parents to rethink this rude behavior. I once got our meals free at a mid grade steak house because of someones rotten kids next to us. I never said anything but the waiter waived our bill because of the "terrible atmosphere you had to endure". So he got a handsome tip and now we scan the eating area for kids before we agree to be seated.

LOL.....You tell em...."Bra"...sorry couldnt resist.

I would have walked the parents out.
Yelling at a child will not help.
If you think it is not abuse it can stick with the child for the rest of its life.

Parents spend the first few years of their childs life teaching them to walk and talk.
The rest of the time they spend telling them to sit down and shut up.:bang head:

I would have walked the parents out.
Yelling at a child will not help.
If you think it is not abuse it can stick with the child for the rest of its life.

Parents spend the first few years of their childs life teaching them to walk and talk.
The rest of the time they spend telling them to sit down and shut up.:bang head:

I agree, walking them out would have been preferable but It's not the store owners responsibility to worry about the kid, she was worrying about her business and patrons. She could have been slightly smoother about it but shes still in the right. She did what everyone else in the diner probably wanted to do and many business owners are scared to do. In todays politically correct society its improper to even imply that a child is obnoxious and in need of a swift clap on the seat.

The child was being a nuisance, an adult intervened and the obnoxious behavior ceased. Although a tad harsh I think it probably did less harm to the child than the parents allowing the child to continue to be a nuisance. I think if anything it will help her business out. I would go eat there comfortably knowing that children will not be allowed to disrupt my meal.

I am fortunate to have a well-behaved (for a four year old) son who, 9 times out of 10, understands that he is to sit down and behave when we are out and about. When he was still in a carrier, my wife and I were eating at a Captain D's fast food restaurant when Brydon started crying. After a total of 30 seconds, I picked him up and took him outside to calm him down. When I returned to finish my meal, my wife told me that the older couple that was sitting near us had come over as they were leaving, and they thanked her for us being so considerate. To us, it's a no-brainer, but apparently, it is more and more rare.

As for this incident, I agreee that the owner had every right to take care of her establishment; however, screaming in the face of a child was a bit much. Scream at the parents. :)

Reese

Poorly handled on both sides of the fence IMHO.

Parents should have handled or removed the child from the restaurant, owner should have requested or made them leave if it was a problem.

Bad and ignorant behavior from both groups involved. Pretty typical of the current "ME" society we've developed....

This story indicates that the owner requested they take the child outside and they blew her off. Yelling was a bad idea but fussing kids tend to bring out the worst in ppl, it's just plain annoying, I understand the owners reaction. You hit it square on the head, it is a "me" generation. I cant change it so I avoid it.

Back