epic motorcycle thread, a must read.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes I leave the keys in my bikes when I'm out. I put myself in a position where I'm not obvious but can watch. So far, no takers. Shame, I need some stress relief at times and this would be a perfect way to work it out. :biglaugh: I even slid a $5.00 bill under a tank strip one time at a party of 300. It was still there at the end of the day. No Fun At All.:bang head:

I did have a teen walk into my garage once. He stood the bike up, off the sidestand. I was sitting in a chair next to my boat. He stated that he was taking the bike and added " What Ya Gonna Do ?" I reached back, picked my 45 off the boat seat. as I was turning back, I told him I was gonna Fertilize my front yard. The bike was back on the stand and he was at a full run before I was fully turned to face him. He cleared a 4 foot fence on the front and side of the house across the street.

I did have a teen walk into my garage once. He stood the bike up, off the sidestand. I was sitting in a chair next to my boat. He stated that he was taking the bike and added " What Ya Gonna Do ?" I reached back, picked my 45 off the boat seat. as I was turning back, I told him I was gonna Fertilize my front yard. The bike was back on the stand and he was at a full run before I was fully turned to face him. He cleared a 4 foot fence on the front and side of the house across the street.

what?!?! someone just walked into your garage with you sitting there and said they were taking your bike?

Sometimes I leave the keys in my bikes when I'm out. I put myself in a position where I'm not obvious but can watch. So far, no takers. Shame, I need some stress relief at times and this would be a perfect way to work it out. :biglaugh: I even slid a $5.00 bill under a tank strip one time at a party of 300. It was still there at the end of the day. No Fun At All.:bang head:

WOW! I LOVE my neighborhood...

While I was at the Brownie Run I left my key in the ignition overnight at the hotel we stayed at I know, a bonehead move, but I was lucky and had no lurkers that night. That or the fact that there were 3-4 other Vmaxs parked next to Redbone they were just plain skerred!:biglaugh:

While it's a shame, it's not surprising these asshats got off scot-free. There's some differential in auto/vehicle thefts. Essentially, they have to actually drive the vehicle for it to be "theft". Saw some report about the "bait car" programs police in high theft areas are using. Something like half of all the people who "take the bait" and get into the car still have some semblance of judgement, or wuss out, or whatever, and leave without putting it in gear. The cops can't do anything there, since of course they left the car unlocked with the keys in it, they can't call it "breaking and entering" or anything. Probably the same case happened here. The kid can even admit he was planning to take the bike, but since it didn't actually happen, there's zero case.

Another reason I'll never use facebook or any of the other "social network" sites. Not because I plan on ripping off motorcycles, but because of how quickly all your personal information can spread to anyone. All it takes is one link, or one post, or whatever. No thanks. I'll stick to the horribly outdated "cellular telephones" and "short message service".

gamorg02, 4gasem: This isn't the best neighborhood. I've lived here almost 29 years and averaged 2-3 confrontations or fights a year.

Yes, he walked right into the garage to steal my bike with me sitting there.:rofl_200:

I took a taser away from another one who broke into my compound and set off the silent alarm. I helped him fall off the top of the 6 foot fence after I grabbed the taser. Didn't know a person could get hurt so bad falling that far. Cops told him to consider himself lucky.:biglaugh: Stories go on and on but aren't bike related.

Yeah we all can't live in perfect little neighborhoods. While lving in Dayton Ohio, one Holloween night, I heard a noise on my porch. I just happen to be sleeping downstairs on the couch. I looked out my window to see some SOB walkng my 67 Triumph down the porch out to the side walk. I quietly exit
my door in my undies no less and proceed to jump the guy and beat the living shit out of the guy. My wife was upstairs asleep and had no idea what was going on but I was screaming at the top of my lungs at the guy. Mind you this was Ina historical neigh orhood where the houses are about ten feet from each other. Not one neighbor came out to investigate or help. I held the guy for a half hour until the police got there. My wife threw a coat over me in the mean time. Guy went to jail because he actually made off my property and onto the sidewalk with the bike. From then on I kept the bike inside the house. That is just one of many stories of inner city living I have.

+1 on "I love my neighborhood"

tho i'm the guy with my used and scored targets hung in the garage for decoration... neighbor said it was like having a second alarm system for our houses when i leave the garage door open ;]

Back