Error 39

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arabian2

Reaction score
Just when I thought things were looking up. Now I have an issue with my Gen2. Any way does anyone know or have seen error 39 and how to resolve it? Only thing I get is 39 where the mileage usually is, and the check engine light on. Will not crank over. TIA

39 - Open circuit detected in a primary injector.

I do not know if this is for the VMax but this is the code description for the R1 and R6. I dont see why Yamaha would have a bunch of different codes for different bikes. But anything is possible and dont rule it out.

39 - Open circuit detected in a primary injector.

I do not know if this is for the VMax but this is the code description for the R1 and R6. I dont see why Yamaha would have a bunch of different codes for different bikes. But anything is possible and dont rule it out.
After looking at the link and noticed one of the suggested things to look at was the ECU. I changed out to my original ECU and bingo, the error went away. I put the Flashed one back in and the error came back. I will now button it up partially and see if it turns over. Even if it does I don't know if I can ride it as I don't know what caused the bike to work one day and the next (without warning) nothing. Don't want to mess up both ECU's if the root cause is something else. Anyways I will wait a bit to see if I can ship my ECU back to Mr. Nash when he is feeling better to see if in fact the ECU is crap or if there is a hic-up in it and needs to be reflashed.

Sounds like I have to take it to the dealership then. :( Dang I can't catch a break.
does not sound like software error. Perhaps just a bad/dirty pin on the flashed ECU connecting terminals, visual check is easy even at first without knowing which pin is related to error 39/open circuit primary injector.

Back