Estimated weight reduction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scalded Ape @ 04

Reaction score
I was tooling around in the garage earlier today & picked up the stock boat anchor/exhaust, and man let me tell you that counterweight is heavy!

When I bought my bike it already had a UFO 4/2/1 installed and stock was included, so it's hard to estimate the weight reduction. But I am assuming a healthy 20 + lbs. What do you guys think?

I removed my exhaust on the 1997 max I had and installed a kerker, I could not believe how heavy the original exhaust was. That was in about 2000 but I’d guess 20-25lbs I hope I’m talking the correct Gen, I looked but could not tell if this included the Gen 2 I’m still kinda new at navigating this forum. The 89 I have now has what I believe to be a DW big pipe but any weight I lost from the original exhaust I’m afraid I gained personally since 2000 so I think it’s a wash for me, lol

If you ever decide to change wheel size wait until you feel the weight of the rear wheel , like a tank used has a boat anchor
Pretty-sure that the RC Engineering wheels were heavier than stock.

I posted weights of commonly-removed items in a prior thread.

Latest posts

Back