EVEN MORE ebay outrageousness

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
Check this out.... guy selling copper core plug wires for the Vmax. Copper core wires have very little to no EMI suppression, which will wreak havoc with any motor controlled by a "brain box", or really anything more advanced than points.

I sent him a message, calling him on his BS. It was as follows:
Sorry bud, but you've got a LOT of errors in your listing...

First, you don't mention a wire brand, which tells me it is a low-grade generic.
Second, copper core wires are the worst as far as EMI/RFI...and EMI has nothing to do with voltage loss. The Vmax is a TCI controlled bike, using copper wires could fry the "brain box".
Third, The Vmax uses resistor plugs, so resistor caps are un-necessary and just put more load on the ignition system.
Fourth, test ohmmeter resistance has ZERO reflection on ability to transmit energy. 40k+ volts flows in a magnetic field around the core, not through it...that's basic electric theory. In fact some of the best wires available have the highest "test ohms". That's little more than a marketing gimmick to naive owners used by "inexperienced or shadetree mechanics"

You really should learn more about the product you're selling, using these wires with the Vmax will at best make it run like crap, and at worst toast the TCI.

Figure you'd like to know

Pretty civil, right? Here's what I got back:

Periodically, we do receive opinions and/or views from inexperienced individuals, however you have the dubious honors of being the most illigitimate source of assinine opinion that any of us have yet to see.

First and foremost, if you don't like our listing, don't look.

Secondly, we would ask that you might contact Yamaha R&D, and straighten them out as to the use of copper core with resistor plug caps. Also, Please do demand that they recall each and every Max sold since its' inception, for a full recall/conversion to the cable/cap format which you seem to so strongly relate. Good luck, fool.

.... we could go on to further pick apart your neurotic beliefs, but, why bother. Checkmate, fool.

... by the way, uh, what is it that you do for a living ..??... and if you further inform us that you happen to be a crackerjack ace whiz of a tech, don't bother unless you send along your certification. Even then, it wouldn't make much difference.

... if you do make any headway with the boys at Yamaha, we would then 'possibly' lisyen to your assinine and boistrous lipshitz.

... carry on with the public rectal/cranial inversion, my acquaintance ... but do it elsewhere.

... and another CHECKMATE .... fool.

... take your line of bunk and go flip your next burger.

Wo-ho-ho! Isn't someone testy! Rather than continue to argue, I simply sent back the link to "The Truth about Ignition Wires" at Magnecor's website. It's a good read, I'd suggest checking it out. It conpletely confirms everything I sent him....including the bit about current flowing in a magnetic field that he finds so humouous.

To which he replied(in literally less than a minute)...he must have been eagerly awaiting a response?
Hello Again ... was hoping that you'd get back, the guys here are restless and need another good laugh.

First, you Fail to mention any reputable credentials. Which tells us You have None.

Magnecore also provides a Copper Core cable for High Performance use only. Checkmate #2. Or #3, whichever we've scored.
By the way, you might cointact Accel as well ... after all, they've been marketing a 5.5mm Copper Core for use with Custom Builds and Pro-Gas Bike Competition. #4. Or #5, I've lost count.

Lastly, the Chatrooms often present a Perfect Format for Many Riders and Enthusiasts, as members are Welcomed to share tech tips, advice and such among All those involved.
Unfortunately, however, Many of the chatrooms are Filled with the Self-Proclaimed Know-It-Alls, most of which spend Far too much time at their Keyboards rather than at the workbench, or even on their bikes ... that is. if they even Have a bike, let alone a bike that runs well.
We cordially Invite you to share your experience with Anuyone of Your choice. After all, we do serve the Public, and many such as Yourself, fall into the Self-Proclaimed Buffoons whom place their foot, as well as Heads far into the Posterior before public conversation.

... uh, how many posts do you have ..??... more than 100+ ...??... spend 'lots' of time tuning ..??.. or typing ..??...

.... as mentioned, Carry On ... anyone with an ounce of braincell will differentiate between Boistrous Ignorance, verse Cold FACT.

.... FACT- ELECTRIC SEEKS THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE ... a certain 'dumbass' seems to beleive that electric flows 'around' a cable core. :rofl_200:

FACT- CHECKMATE #WHATEVER ... YOU LOSE.

BACK TO THE BURGER TIME ... we find your sense of humor as BOISTROUS, LOUD, NON-SENSICAL, IRRITATING and you are NO-DOUBT DIVORCED.

.... by the way .... any luck with Yamaha ..??... they need to be corrected as well ... Please do spend your next tantrum with them rather than us. Our stomachs' are ACHING FROM LAUGHTER.

Later. Fool.

I'm contemplating whether to play with him some more, or quit wasting my time. It's kind of like talking to a brick wall, and his "insults" are cringe-inducingly bad. Before I put my foot in my posterior? Really? Not to mention the dozens of spelling errors, and he wants to see my "credentials"?

Goes without saying, but don't buy this guy's stuff.

Not sure where to go with this. The OEM cable (which I run on EVERYTHING) is a copper core wire. I don't like the taylor, or any other brand of typical automotive wire.

Sean

I sent the seller a question asking if he had removed his head from his " posterior". hahahaha
We can gang up on this asshole.

Well, I stand corrected on that part. My Honda had the carbon-conductor type wires, so did my Suzuki GS. I had always thought the solid copper wires were for non-electronically controlled motors or specially shielded race ignition systems with super high outputs.

So how does it work that the OEM copper wires don't interfere with the TCI? Everything I've found advises to not use copper wires with transistor ignitions.

lol oops looks like you were wrong and the seller was correct. It happens, did you send another email telling the guy sorry you are right? You must have cought him on a bad day were everybody was telling him his buisness. Before I ever send a email like you did I always do a little research to make sure I am 100% percent correct assuming always gets you in trouble. Live and learn.

.......ah hemmmmmmmmmm.

And I'm fairly certain my 85 came with resistor type caps to go along with the copper core wires.

I can't remember how many ohms resistance they are, but I know they are resistor type. You can screw them apart and inspect the spring loaded resistor.

I'm thinking the guy(s) doing the selling on evilbay are having a bit too much fun at your expense and could have kept some of their comments to themselves, or just not replied at all.

Hey RaWarrior, you know you just can't trust information from those guys at Harbor Freight. Shouldn't buy your plug wires there either. Spurs :confused2:

Ra might have been wrong and might have come off strong to begin with but....
That doesnt excuse the Ebay merchant from his actions/reply. He is a merchant and needs to conduct himself professionally. I couldnt even imagine for one millisecond Sean would treat any of his customers that way regardless of what happened. I know I have said some pretty stupid shit over the years and he just laughs and then corrects me nicely.

I still hold up the Merchant is a giant tool and needs to learn some customer service ettiquite!!!!!!!

Ok off my soap box

I'm using a set of 8mm wires I got from a great seller on eBay. Spiritusantu or somthing like that.

He had a "kit" kinda thing going a wile back. I got the wires, NGK caps, a new fuel filter on the inexpencive. Bike has been running flawlessly. Dude even included a rather nice cigar which I enjoyed after recieving my final grades of the semester :biglaugh:

Well, I guess there's that phrase about "assuming makes an ass out of you and me". Can anyone enlighten me about the copper wire issue? Every motor I've ever encountered had stock carbon core wires.

Why would a system use resistor plugs and resistor caps? I thought the whole idea of adding resistors was to cut down on "noise" interference. The Vmax's stock NGK plug is a resistor type, is there a reason an additional resistor is needed?

Anyway, it seems the point he thought was so ridiculous was that the charge flows in a field surrounding the conductor. I just finished an electrical theory class, and probably half the class was the relation between electricity and magnetism. It's also verified in that "Truth about wires" article.

I also wouldn't call the seller "right", though I suppose he's no more "wrong" than all the wild claims for power and performance you see at an average speed shop. "Filters current through porcealin" Really? His claim that "his" copper wires will never corrode is also kind of odd.

He should buy a dictionary also....since I've been making "lewd" claims about him. Trust me, I have no sexual fascination with spark plug wires.

Normally I would admit I made a false assumption and apologize(now in retrospect I don't even see why I felt a need to fire off an email), but his response to the whole thing kind of pissed me off. He could have told me I was mis-informed, or told me what the facts were and to quit bothering him. Instead I got a big paragraph of "insults". I sell marine parts on a different account in a big ebay store, and every so often get messages telling me I screwed up in a listing or such. If they're wrong, I just tell them I re-checked the item, or a quick explanation of their contention. They either never reply, or thank me for clearing something up. And if I listed something wrong, I thank them for the correction. I've had messages sent to me far less polite than what I sent him and I never get that "winded" about it.

And Freerider, it looks like the message you sent him didn't do any good....now he added a long-winded "faq" to his listing. This guy has a gift for taking 30x as long as needed to make a point. Oh well.

OK...who thinks I should apologize, and who thinks this guy is an ass and doesn't deserve it? I freely admit I was wrong about the wire type, but while we're at it might as well turn it into a learning experience.

:punk: RaWarrior, I'd just forget it, no big deal. He really should not have answered you like that. He's not all there I guess. Won't be in business long like that. Forget It, Spurs

... we really have little desire or need to engage with troublesome individuals whom seek to slander Our Product, Formatting, or Sevice for reasons unknown.

This comment contradicts his previous statement:
the guys here are restless and need another good laugh

Although you are/where apparently wrong, the Seller is a total jackass, I personally would not give him the satisfaction of an apology, nor would I buy anything from the dick.

Can you imagine trying to deal with someone like this if you had an issue with the transaction? No thanks.

I know I have said some pretty stupid shit over the years ......

Ok off my soap box

Oh man...Ive said and done some whoppers in the past. Ever see a guy punching himself in the balls? That'd be me. Most of the good shit I haven't broadcast yet. Only a few on here know what I did. He he. This is a perfect time to go get a beer. I'll crack one open for you too RaWarrior.:eusa_dance:

being that I sell a fair amount on ebay, I too get the occasional "you don't even know what you are selling" bit from someone out in left field. (not saying you are out in left field RAwarrior)

Sometimes I hold my tongue and sometimes I tell them to go back to flipping burgers.

Would it be different if I had a brick and mortar and someone walking in? Maybe. It depends on how funny looking the person was...in which case I might be worse in reply.

The guy who's running the ebay store sounds like he might be an asshole. A lot of people in the industry of motorcycles are. They aren't selling cross stitch kits or feminine deodorant spray. They're selling motorcycle parts. Hell, most of us greet one another by giving each other the bird. If someone was overly nice to me at a bike shop I'd think he's either a Honda rider or a queer. Treat me like crap when I deserve it and I'll return the favor. It's the love we don't show that makes us brothers.

Well, brothers in the sense that I'll stop and help if you look like you're broken down....not brothers in the sense of "I'll hug you and make sure you don't have your feelings hurt".

Back