Everything Handlebars (Gauges/Grips/Mirrors/Etc)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZackDaniels

Reaction score
At the moment I just have a slipstreamer shield quick release mount on the bars. Planning for the future though.

This is what I think I'm arriving at for the cockpit:

Driven D3 Grips. Black on black baby.
Going with these over the Kury options because they're alloy/PVC and no rubber. The wife has a latex allergy and it's nice to not have to mess with gloves or covers when she takes the bike for a spin (or pushes it around the garage). I'll order em up from Sean when ready.

K&S LED Handlebar Bar End Marker Lights Black again
I really hate the 80's honking orb signals. So I'm going to go smaller (probably these Arlen Ness Infernal Signals) but don't want to sacrifice the visibility. Bar end turn signals in addition to replaced signals seem like a swell idea. I also dig extra lights for everything. Going to have some running lights in the scoops at some point, if I'm feeling extra motivated they will probably turn into run/turn signals as well.

Getting fed up with looking at my own shoulders in the stock mirrors. Those are the first thing to get replaced, but with the bar end already spoken for I need another way to get those short shit stock mirrors further out.

Thinking about these Tomok knock offs but I'm not sure if they'll be any longer than stock. They look like they'd be really sharp looking so I'm going to take some measurements and hope they are.

What setup are you guys running? Any suggestions about extended/bigger mirrors that don't hurt the style of the bike are extremely welcome.

Attached the current view (sans xmas decorations :p)

Attachments

• cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 60
I have some really slick amber LED lights that were installed in my scoops (replacing the center bolt in the front grill). I had them set up as turn signals but can be used as running lights also. They are about 1 inch by 1/2 inch in size. Really cool but I wanted more visibility. Didn't think of using them in conjunction with other front lights. Will sell for $20 shipped if interested. :biglaugh:

The grips I've run for a while and like them a lot. They fit my bars and sleeve super tight. That price is a bit steep on the grips. I'm using bar end mirrors on them.
Steve-o

Last edited:
I have been doing a comparison on Grips I have the D3's on my bike & a set of Bikemaster grips on another that are almost identical to the D3's & to be honest I will not buy the d3's again for the price diffrence the D 3's seem to be wearing about the same if not more than the bikemasters. $ 20 for the bikemasters $ 45 for D'3's I sell them both but I know what will be on my bikes from now on.

When you go to light up the scoops, check with Custom Dynamics for your flexible LEDs.

I believe that's the company I went with when I put strips around the perimeter for signal lighting in my scoops......

Here's a stupid question.......Massachusetts has a thing for wanting DOT signals on the bikes these days. I've been hassled the last two years over it. Without buying signals off a sportbike or something I don't see DOT aftermarket signals much anywhere. You guys? Sean?

Most aftermarket companies are not going to spend the money to have their lights tested and passed by the DOT system. Plus it would only pass on each specific vehicle with each specific light. So, that's a lot of tests and costs. For an OEM manufacturer it's much more practical.

You guys are being shy with the pics :p

I have been doing a comparison on Grips I have the D3's on my bike & a set of Bikemaster grips on another that are almost identical to the D3's & to be honest I will not buy the d3's again for the price diffrence the D 3's seem to be wearing about the same if not more than the bikemasters. $ 20 for the bikemasters $ 45 for D'3's I sell them both but I know what will be on my bikes from now on.

Link/Pics? If they're made with rubber instead of PVC is a deal breaker unfortunately.

I believe that's the company I went with when I put strips around the perimeter for signal lighting in my scoops......

Here's a stupid question.......Massachusetts has a thing for wanting DOT signals on the bikes these days. I've been hassled the last two years over it. Without buying signals off a sportbike or something I don't see DOT aftermarket signals much anywhere. You guys? Sean?

All states technically want that. It's not enforced outside cases that are obviously outside DOT standards such as running blue lights etc. Even then... most cops have better things to do. Can you not just say you think they're standard? Who in the world is asking?

Progrip Superbike mirrors
Pro-Taper motocross bars - Carmichael style
Gen 11 stock mirrors - best mirrors that I have used so far.
Ebay LED signal lights

Included some pics - not the best pics to show you but best I can do as I am at work right now.

Mike

Attachments

• user978_pic6924_1346892182.jpg
    user978_pic6924_1346892182.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 41
  • user978_pic6922_1346891905.jpg
    user978_pic6922_1346891905.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 39
All states technically want that. It's not enforced outside cases that are obviously outside DOT standards such as running blue lights etc. Even then... most cops have better things to do. Can you not just say you think they're standard? Who in the world is asking?

Mass is a.......let's just say a dictatorship state......i was tempted to use the words Communist State.........On vehicles at least they check everything!!.....They moved the bike stickers over to bike shops years ago which these guys KNOW what they're looking for/seeing where before the car guys were checking bikes and had NO CLUE & no interest in what they were looking at and made you beep the horn and that was it........and what drives it is the usual.....too many people doing it (whatever IT happens to be) and calling attention to it where they crack down. The State has been cracked down on vehicle safety around here for years......which isn't entirely a bad thing but a bit overboard at times. And the cops do pull over for most things as well.

Mass is a.......let's just say a dictatorship state......i was tempted to use the words Communist State.........On vehicles at least they check everything!!.....They moved the bike stickers over to bike shops years ago which these guys KNOW what they're looking for/seeing where before the car guys were checking bikes and had NO CLUE & no interest in what they were looking at and made you beep the horn and that was it........and what drives it is the usual.....too many people doing it (whatever IT happens to be) and calling attention to it where they crack down. The State has been cracked down on vehicle safety around here for years......which isn't entirely a bad thing but a bit overboard at times. And the cops do pull over for most things as well.

Very true! :punk: I sold my '06 to a dealer in Mass. a few years ago, it had a Cyclemod tail/stop light, (2) led strips...one above and one below the reflector and the rear directionals were wired as running lights (like the front ones). The buyers ignored all that and looked for the DOT on the lens....it wasn't there of course and they asked me if I had the oem light, which I did and sent it to them. Very picky that little state to the east!

its all in where you go. couple shops i know make sure your lights are working and off you go.

In a state like that I bet some quick connects for lights and what not are very popular. I'd have my bike in and out of inspection ready in like 10 minutes lol. With a switch for all non compliant running lights to demonstrate it's for non-moving/bike show only affairs.

They have bike dealerships checking for compliance with after market accessories? Wow no wonder it's enforced so heavy, non-compliance = instant sales.

Illinois doesn't have jack like this... we have emissions for cars only and that's about it. Bummer to you guys.

There is a shop about 1/4 mile down the road from me. I there for inspection a couple years back. I pulled in the garage and before I even had the kickstand down the tech was saying he saw a problem!

He broke out a ruler and started telling me that PA require X amount of square inches of turn signal lense area. Then he said my rear tire wouldn't pass.

I put my helmet back on, drove to an indy shop, hung out for a bit, got a free drink and an inspection sticker with no hassles at all. Think it all depends on where you go.

Glad I don't have to go through any of that State crap anymore!
I run Pro Grip 862's and lovethem, great grip in dry/ wet and after 4+ seasons of use not much wear showing on them.

In a state like that I bet some quick connects for lights and what not are very popular. I'd have my bike in and out of inspection ready in like 10 minutes lol. With a switch for all non compliant running lights to demonstrate it's for non-moving/bike show only affairs.

They have bike dealerships checking for compliance with after market accessories? Wow no wonder it's enforced so heavy, non-compliance = instant sales.

Illinois doesn't have jack like this... we have emissions for cars only and that's about it. Bummer to you guys.
True our state has no such things for motorcycles BUT if you manage to find that one cop that wants to be an ass and you have any other color then white or amber on the front of your bike you will get a ticket, same goes for the back lights, anything other than red is a no no. I'm talking about running lights that are on all the time (blinkers don't count). You will be fine probably about 95% of the time it also depends where you ride and who your ride with.

They have no information about materials there at all :/ I took the name and searched a couple other sites but couldn't get details on the materials.

Back