Exactrep Levers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JrBiem

Reaction score
Does anyone have or has anyone used these levers from Exactrep (a little over half way down the page, the hollow C.N.C ones)?

http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/index.html

I ordered kuryakyn iso grips and think these levers will look pretty good with them, but wondered if anyone here has anything to say about them. Thoughts would be much appreciated.

-JB

Well, they came in the mail today and the clutch lever went on in seconds. Now, over an hour later the brake lever still isn't in place. I can't seem to get the bottom side to line up right for the bolt to go through. And now I dropped the allen bolt and can't find it!!! :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head: This is proving to be a royal PITA.

-JB

Going to get a new hex bolt tomorrow to replace the one I lost as well as hopefully a new spring (the one in there is bent to hell) if both parts are on hand tomorrow hopefully I can get it installed and post some pics.

Does anyone have or has anyone used these levers from Exactrep (a little over half way down the page, the hollow C.N.C ones)?

http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/index.html

I ordered kuryakyn iso grips and think these levers will look pretty good with them, but wondered if anyone here has anything to say about them. Thoughts would be much appreciated.

-JB

I have a set on the blue '90 . Their picture of the grips looked better than the way they feel on the bike. Picture showed , to me , that they were slimmer in width than actual size turned out to be ,
and looked as if they would be easy to fit my fingers in the grooves. When things get quick however , they don't always fit my hand the way my Pazzos ( adjustable ) , do on the c.f. black '98.
They look great though with the Iso-grips. F.W.I.W.

Attachments

• SS850586.jpg
    SS850586.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 10-13-10 Pictures 192.jpg
    10-13-10 Pictures 192.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 31
I have a set of the hollow ones just got chromed, they are at Seans maybe Sean can post a pic with chrome Master cylinders.

The parts weren't in stock, but I ordered them up. Should be here by the end of the week. I'm really hoping that the new spring allows me to put the brake lever on easily. The clutch lever went in like butter but I just couldn't get the brake lever to line up right.....any suggestions? I'd hate to fubar another spring trying to get it in there!

Hard to beat Pazzos! I'm still running the stock black ones.

I went to the Pazzo website and they only have levers for the Gen 2. How did you get ones for your Gen 1? Did they make them before and stop?:confused2:

Alright, problem solved. The levers are on, they look good and I took them on a few mile ride to test them out. They seem comfortable. My fingers fit well in the grooves. I attached pics as promised. I finally got fed up trying to get the brake lever on there so I brought it up the road to the stealership and they tossed it on there for me for free while I waited.

A new problem has come up now though. I think I damaged the switch alarm on the bottom of the master on the brake side. It is stuck in the in position. I am assuming that when you pull the lever that alarm's arm pops out which is what causes your brake light to come on...is that correct? For clarification I am referring to #8 in the diagram here http://www.team-motorsports.com/fic...ry=Motorcycles&make=YAMAHA&year=1997&fveh=779 Just wondering if I am interpreting how that works correctly so that I know if I should replace that piece?

-JB

Attachments

• LeversFront.JPG
    LeversFront.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 23
  • BrakeLever.JPG
    BrakeLever.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 23
  • ClutchLever.JPG
    ClutchLever.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 26
you are correct on the switch. what did the dealer do differently that you didn't to get them on?

you are correct on the switch. what did the dealer do differently that you didn't to get them on?

I'm not sure exactly he wheeled the bike in the shop and when he came back out he said "we got it on there, it just needed a nudge." So I don't know but I sure gave it a hell of a nudge when I tried at home.

-JB

Switch plunger might just be gunked up. Some contact cleaner or wd40 might do the trick if there is no physical damage.

I think it must be damaged. I took it off and pried it open, the spring mechanism inside was loose so I put it back together the only logical way that I see it should go and the plunger works when not on the bike but when I put it back on nothing changed. Guess I'll have to order a new one.

-JB

Hmmm, I just shined a light inside by the lever to look at the spring to see if I could tell if they did anything differently. It looks like they may have put a little glue to hold the spring to the master. But that spring looks really rough in there, it has a wicked curve to it and the lever returns to about 90-95% of the way when you release it and then slowly creeps all the way out on its own. It almost seems like maybe the stock spring is too long for this lever...?

my clutch switch had a similar problem when i bought my bike and i played with it and it worked for a few days then got stuck again and in the end ti was easier to spend $10 and get a new one. problem with mine was the guy let the bike sit for 2 years i think messing with the spring inside it.

anyways about the spring hard to tell man, can u take a video of what you mean?

my clutch switch had a similar problem when i bought my bike and i played with it and it worked for a few days then got stuck again and in the end ti was easier to spend $10 and get a new one. problem with mine was the guy let the bike sit for 2 years i think messing with the spring inside it.

anyways about the spring hard to tell man, can u take a video of what you mean?

I don't have anything to video with, so I will try to better explain. The spring that causes the lever to return to its normal position when you are done braking seems to be too long, so as I look at it is in a arched shape instead of straight. So when I squeeze the brake lever instead of the spring compressing it bows even more, and when I release the lever it returns to its non braking position very slowly. Maybe I should cut some off the end of the spring so that it sits in there straight instead of bowed? :confused2:

i follow now, that makes sense to me. or maybe find a different one at the HW store?

Those grips rock man!!!, totally cool, If you dont mind me asking, what did they end up running you with shipping...

Latest posts

Back