Exactrep rear fender (stock-4" shorter)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-Four

Reaction score
So.. as you may or may not know, I recently picked up an 02 max.
I do not know the history of the bike. she seems to run good.. the killer is this rear fender that the guy put on it (for whatever reason) looks like its from a 79 jap bike of some sort. (which sux as that is one of Max's distinguishing features..next to the scoops)

Anyway, I like the look of the "EXACTREP, 4" shorter than stock" stock fender.

Does anybody have experience with this? its only like 95 bucks..and does not need the piece underneath the factory fender..and comes with lights. How can ya go wrong?

okay.. I've already said too much. long posts don't get too many responses.

attached is a pic of my bike.. i wonder what else you experts can tell me about my bike?...

Attachments

• mymax.jpg
    mymax.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 125
Yea, someone put some kind of homemade fender on the rear. I actually do have a used version of that exactrep fender on hand though it's in bad shape. Most of the actual visible part of the fender is fine.

Different?, besides the crap Cobra slip ons and possibly a modded seat? And that great fear fender of course. Easy enough to get back to stock though Bro so no sweat there.

I agree with Patmax on the Cobras. I have looked at some of the Exactrep bodywork and what I have seen I like.

Yep, I have one fitted to my Max.

picture.php

The fit was good and (IMHO) looks better than OE.

What else do you want to know?

Yep, I have one fitted to my Max.

picture.php

The fit was good and (IMHO) looks better than OE.

What else do you want to know?

That pic pretty much sums it up. that fender is awesome.
(and yea, i know bout the cobras..that was the 1st thing i learned since joining the forum..and wouldnt ya know it, the bike I buy has them. :bang head: )
thanks guys.

T$

For the money you could get stock fender and do a tail light mod. Though after buying a used good fender and the tailight , your probably at the same cost as Exctrep is on their part.

313204_448977675136377_1862501103_n.jpg

Stock Fender with CBR RR 03 tail light with intergrated turn signals.

Ebay fender around $60-75 and tail light around $50. $125 gets you going with something.

IMAG1077.jpg
IMAG1075.jpg
IMAG1076.jpg

Todd

I actually do have a used version of that exactrep fender on hand though it's in bad shape. Most of the actual visible part of the fender is fine.

I'm Quite interested..
But i'm having trouble PMing.. keeps saying "NO messages sent," tho I did it like 4 times..

Thanks,
T$

LOL, you filled what little was left in my mailbox! I need to get you guys to send me direct emails lol!

[email protected]

I did get your email by the way and sent the reply.
Sean

I'm liking that CBR taillamp. I have the Exactrep shorty but the stock taillamp looks hideous. Some time ago Radiantz made an LED taillamp for the Vmax, but they are no longer available. Those CBR lamps are available on Ebay.

Attachments

• 2003%20Vmax%20(31)8.jpg
    2003%20Vmax%20(31)8.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 20
The mounting point for the lights and number plate bracket would need to be moved backward on the Exactrep shorty to accommodate the CBR tail lamp, something that would probably be better done before painting it.

Back