Exchanging the places of original speedo and tacho

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akatora

Reaction score
Hello,

The Max design is often commented of having the speedo and tacho arrangements in inconvinient locations. This is true - particularly if rode often with hard acceleration (probably the case with most owners...
rofl_200.gif
) when RPMs are difficult to see.

Anyway, there are certainly a lot of commercial solutions for this problem, but I wanted to do it myself by using the original parts (which are not that bad, just they are in wrong places!).

The operation can be done with no modifications for the gauge assemblies. All you have to do is make two pieces of sheet metal adapters and exchange the places of the gauge sets. Ok, you have to lengthen a wire sets a little bit but that's all then.

As a result you will get the original temp/tacho/warning light panel in place of the speedo and vice versa. Seems fine. Unfortunately I don't have any photos yet but try to arrange them later.

Regards,

AT

Please post some pics.... I am verry interested in seeing how this looks.

Thanks AT,

Jeff

Please post some pics.... I am verry interested in seeing how this looks.

Thanks AT,

Jeff
Same here, I need to get the tach where I can see it too. Otherwise I may work out a new mount for my speedo and tach. I just have to find a tach that looks the same as the speedo and the same size...or just find a new matching analog speedo/ tach combo.:confused2:

Allright, here comes:

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 54
:icon_rolleyes:Hmmmmmm Ohhhhh K. I must say, thats very orginal looking. Can we see your plastic high flow foam air filter also. I see you stay busy with your VMAX. I bet you are the onlyone that has a setup like this.
:th_favorites24:

Back