Exhaust can shortening?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi folks:

Any of y'all know a company/person I could hire to shorten my Holeshot mufflers?

I have a 4-2 Holeshot system and I'd like to see if shortening the cans is an option.

Thanks muchly.

Elimax

I marked the distance to be cut all the way around using a ruler. Then put blue tape on the mark and cut very carefully with a hack say. Used a bench grinder to smooth out the edges. Cut the core to length, drilled new end cap holes and put it all together with new packing... Most reputable muffler shops ought to be able to do the same...

Good Luck,

PS: I took some off both ends to let me use what was otherwise a destroyed Mark's Can, turned out great..

Exactly as above. it can be tedious but far from impossible work. We've done this a number of times.

Sean

Thats how I cut down my carbon fiber can. I even incorporated my belt sander to even everything out.

Attachments

• SDC10276.jpg
    SDC10276.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 30
  • July_vmax.jpg
    July_vmax.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 28
Chop it chop it chop it! I took my Jardines (before I put them on my car) to about 10in from 16 and I cut the Yosh in my max from 12 to 6in. It's easy if you mark it out before you cut.

Sean cut this Kerker down & had the jet hot coating added for me. :punk:

KJ has good taste in VMax .

Attachments

• 7-19-11 158.jpg
    7-19-11 158.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back