Exhaust cleaning tip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noxx72

Reaction score
This isn't a mod, just something handy I stumbled across.

If you have slash cut mufflers like me, you know what a drag it is to get the insides of em clean every week or so, but if you want Max to look boulevard fresh on saturday night it's gotta get done.

It's always taken me a shitload of paper towels, rags, and a lot of mothers, and when I'm done I'm dirty as hell too. Well no more, not with Noxx's E-Z Clean muffler kit.

Go down to Home Depot and get you some medium weight cheapo paint rollers, the kind that come in a six-pack for like four bucks. Grab a cheap roller handle as well.

Now chop the sucker off where it's straight out from the holder and insert into your ever handy DeWalt. Smear a little mothers on there and have at it, gets the insides of those slash cuts bright in about five seconds. A final buff with a paper towel and done, no muss, no fuss, and no sweat. One roller cover will hold up for both (or all four) pipes, then throw that sucker out. Less that a dollar and five minutes and you're shiny as new.

Until next Saturday anyway.

Hope this comes in Handy for ya!

This isn't a mod, just something handy I stumbled across.

If you have slash cut mufflers like me, you know what a drag it is to get the insides of em clean every week or so, but if you want Max to look boulevard fresh on saturday night it's gotta get done.

It's always taken me a shitload of paper towels, rags, and a lot of mothers, and when I'm done I'm dirty as hell too. Well no more, not with Noxx's E-Z Clean muffler kit.

Go down to Home Depot and get you some medium weight cheapo paint rollers, the kind that come in a six-pack for like four bucks. Grab a cheap roller handle as well.

Now chop the sucker off where it's straight out from the holder and insert into your ever handy DeWalt. Smear a little mothers on there and have at it, gets the insides of those slash cuts bright in about five seconds. A final buff with a paper towel and done, no muss, no fuss, and no sweat. One roller cover will hold up for both (or all four) pipes, then throw that sucker out. Less that a dollar and five minutes and you're shiny as new.

Until next Saturday anyway.

Hope this comes in Handy for ya!

so simple yet so effective. i have supertrapps now but if i still had my cobra's this woulda been key!

Latest posts

Back