Exhaust downpipes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kallerydi

Reaction score
Hello,

Need to purchase new downpipes as my bike got stolen and the downpipes got crushed. I've been looking after delkevic downpipes (link) and ones from exactrep (link). Any other suggestions?

I am located in Finland so preferably the shop should be located in Europe due to shipping costs.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Kalle

Oh yes forgot to mention that my bike is otherwise all original from -86 so I am looking for chromed ones. Thank you anyways!

The '85 headers are a different size from the '86-later, I believe. FYI.

If you do decide to go for used OE pipes check the exhaust port end for signs of corrosion between the inner and outer pipes.
It is not uncommon for this to cause a rattle when they separate.

Yes to VBoost being bigger '86-on, the '85 exhaust didn't meet EPA noise regs & had to be re-worked. To make up for it, they increased VBoost dia. I have a '85 build date bike but it's titled as a '86. Maybe Sean will tell us as I wasn't sure about the headers, but I knew the exhaust was non-EPA compliant in '85.

Thank you all for the replies. Seems like I will ask Tapmotors if they have any that are in good condition and if not, then I will go with the exactrep ones.

Latest posts

Back