Exhaust Gaskets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

npthayer

Reaction score
I recently purchased Marks 4-2 and was going to replace the exhaust gaskets while I am at it. Anybody know of where I can buy them? I saw some on oldbikebarn.com, but after looking at the specs it says they only fit up to a 95 Vmax. Is there specific gaskets for different years or is it irrelevant?

I recently purchased Marks 4-2 and was going to replace the exhaust gaskets while I am at it. Anybody know of where I can buy them? I saw some on oldbikebarn.com, but after looking at the specs it says they only fit up to a 95 Vmax. Is there specific gaskets for different years or is it irrelevant?

All the same. Morley muscle probably has them in stock. Check out the banner up top on your screen. Sean is a site sponser

Sean Morley sent me a set when I did my 94. I replaced all of them. When I did the 89, I had 4 that looked really good out of the 8 I had available so I used them. CaptainKyle may be an alternate source...

Iv got a new set from Sean. Whats the best way to remove the old ones?

Thin bladed screwdriver or hook. Dig into the side of the gasket and pop it out like you would a seal. I like to fray the outside edges a little and get a wire poked out in a few spots when I reinstall them. That helps hold them into the head.

Sean

Dang, didn't see Sean's price. :bang head:

I bought a nice used stock exhaust that only had three gaskets. I was going to just buy one, but the forum said replace them all, so I bought 4 for around $9.76 each.

Removing the original three was I think the biggest P.I.T.A. thing I've ever done on my Max..

Question: Can you just put the gaskets on the pipes then slip on the exhaust or is it easier just to stuff them in the exhaust ends first?

Back