Exhaust header clamp confusion please help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't Marving have full exhausts? What about Exactrep? Or is that who sold you this bike in the 1st place? 🤔 :confused::mad:
Yes I did buy the bike from Exactrep. It was right at the start of the Covid pandemic so for the first year it did only about 150 miles. I made the foolish mistake of accepting the recommendation of Exactrep from a work colleague. I very soon fell out of love with the Vmax - it runs like a bag of shit and keeps coughing and farting and cutting out. The exhaust is leaking at pretty much every joint which no doubt is contributing to the poor running. The front downpipes seem to be some after-market junk and appear about a good inch too short!!,… they barely penetrate the resonator box. It also keeps making a weird clanking noise - like a sort of slap you get from a loose chain. I tried trading it in last month and the dealer tore it apart, finding umpteen things wrong with it. Needless to say he wouldn’t accept the bike as a trade-in. Lessons have definitely been learned here but i’m looking at several hundred beer vouchers to put all the problems right.

Latest posts

Back