EXHAUST mid pipe / muffler mix and match

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jed Zeppelin

Reaction score
Got my first VMAX! Loving it....

Currently stock ECU tune still has CAT but it came with the Insanely Priced $1400 Akrapovic Slip-ons so at least I have those already....

I want to De-Cat, basic Airbox Mod and ECU flash....

So at over $800 with Tax the Akrapovic Mid Pipe again is insanely priced....

Questions....
1. Complete Voodoo mid-pipe and mufflers $600 (but TOO LOUD) can my Akrapovic Mufflers mount right on to Voodoo mid-pipe???
2. Dominator Mid-pipe less than $300,,, Can my Akrapovic Muffler Mount right on that?? However someone on here is saying the Dominator Mid-pipe is a poor design???....
3. THIS IS THE IDEA I LIKE BEST... 13-5-titanium-xoval-muffler-to-fit-v-max-1700-2009-2019
The Delkevic Mid-pipe plus a pair of very attractive Titanium and carbon fiber tipped Mufflers only $709!!!
Which is cheaper than just the Akrapovic Mid-pipe.... I might just like the Delkevic Mufflers better and sell those Akrapovics I got...(anyone know how loud the Delkevics are?? and general opinions of it?
or Again will my Akrapovic mufflers fit the Delkevic Mid-pipe... that would be most Ideal and gives me 2 different interchangeable muffler pair to choose from...

Please help! Anyone know what DeCat Mid pipes Mix and match with Akrapovic Mufflers....???

Some say their Mid-pipes are compatible with Stock mufflers in that case I would assume they also compatible with Akrapovic slip-ons correct ???

Again please if you know anything about Delkevic and its compatiblity with Akrapovic that's my 1st choice option...

Thank!!!

Hi, I just attempted to get voodoo mufflers for my bike that has an akrapovich mid pipe and when I called voodoo they said it wouldn’t fit. They’re voodoo mufflers are a different size than the akropovich mid pipe if that makes sense. I would have had to change all of it which I don’t feel like doing. I hope that helps a little, I can give you the OD of the mid pipe if you need, good luck. Hope it works out for you.

You can mix/match though you would lose potentially the "ideal" tune though most are not perfect anyway and that's why the PC_V works well to get that last little bit.

Ok Thanks...
Yeah I I've assumed that performance wise mixing and matching midpipes and mufflers will be adequately similar but not Ideal for the guy seeking every last half a HP.....
My greatest concern is like the guy above just said The Voodoo and the Akrapovic just physically don't go together different pipe diameter....
So I'm leaning toward this Delkevic Midpipes with Titanium cans and carbon tips $709 looks real sharp
13-5-titanium-xoval-muffler-to-fit-v-max-1700-2009-2019
I'm just seeking one of your pros that knows for certain will the Akrapovic Mufflers slip right on the Delkevic midpipes.....???
If so then I'll be real happy with 2 sets of quality mufflers to experiment with?

My big deal was not so much an extra couple of hp but I really liked the looks of the stock mufflers over aftermarket single or dual pipes. About the only I was considering was DAM exhaust. I did not want my Max to look as though I had done a lot of mod's to make it look like a race bike. I kind of wanted it to be a sleeper that was not obnoxiously loud.

Sean can probably tell if your Akrap mufflers will on fit the Delkevic mid-pipe.

[QUOTE="1badmax, post: 517082, member: 70620"
Sean can probably tell if your Akrap mufflers will on fit the Delkevic mid-pipe.
[/QUOTE]

Never tried so not sure what can be interchanged with them.

Anyone aware of a successful marriage between Akro mid-pipes and Hindle slip-ons?

The chatter regarding Hindle's welds is unnerving. R&Ring these mids is a PITA and I'd like the next time I do it to be my last. Hence leaning towards the Akro. Only their slip-ons aren't for me.

Anyone aware of a successful marriage between Akro mid-pipes and Hindle slip-ons?

The chatter regarding Hindle's welds is unnerving. R&Ring these mids is a PITA and I'd like the next time I do it to be my last. Hence leaning towards the Akro. Only their slip-ons aren't for me.
Nevermind - just went with the Delkevic 13.5" Titanium XOval 4-2.

BTW, Tim says every Delkevic regardless of the slip-on takes the Holeshot flash.

Nevermind - just went with the Delkevic 13.5" Titanium XOval 4-2.

BTW, Tim says every Delkevic regardless of the slip-on takes the Holeshot flash.
You actually think you get a different flash?
I have seen 3 guru flashed ecus all the same thing. Fat midrange close at wot

You actually think you get a different flash?
I have seen 3 guru flashed ecus all the same thing. Fat midrange close at wot
I don't pretend to be a tuning expert. And although I'm a long-time VMax admirer, I'm relatively new to the community.
Having said that, I reckon Tim is recognized internationally as a skilled tuner with a catalog of flashes designed for specific exhaust/airbox configurations.
Since Delkevic isn't listed in the catalog, I asked Gurued Gear about a compatible flash and learned that Delk's mid-pipe necessitates the Holeshot option.
I've talked with Tim and Kim a couple times over the past year and found them both to be extremely helpful.

Does anyone make a black aftermarket exhaust system for the gen2. I recently bought a new to me 2019 black edition and it came with a new uninstalled stainless/aluminum delkevic system. I'm looking at powder coating it black but am worried about discoloration due to high heat. I've heard that it can be a problem. Just curious what other options are out there...

Does anyone make a black aftermarket exhaust system for the gen2. I recently bought a new to me 2019 black edition and it came with a new uninstalled stainless/aluminum delkevic system. I'm looking at powder coating it black but am worried about discoloration due to high heat. I've heard that it can be a problem. Just curious what other options are out there...
I believe Dam Exhaust makes a black system but I'm not sure about the actual piping, I do know the mufflers are available in an all black. Since you already have a system, and provided you're happy with it, I'd avoid powdercoat given the heat it would be exposed to and look into either CeraKote or one of the companies that specializes in ceramic coatings for exhaust like JetHot, Swain Tech, etc.

I do sell Hindle all blacked out systems. They are made to order and an extra cost but look good with those later bikes. The label is the only non black item! Email me if I can assist.

Attachments

• thumbnail (2).jpg
    thumbnail (2).jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 51
I do sell Hindle all blacked out systems. They are made to order and an extra cost but look good with those later bikes. The label is the only non black item! Email me if I can assist.
Good Lord that looks sweet. Please don't let me see that at this point in time.

That does look very nice...

I am nervous going the powder coat route. I'm aware that the heat can cause discoloration. The shop I was talking to quoted me for a product that's rated for either 1200 or 1400 degrees. I can't remember which but either should be sufficient.

From a performance standpoint, is Hindle your recommendation?

Back