EXHAUST mid pipe / muffler mix and match

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hindle is the only full system available so if you want to get maxmimum performance then it would be the choice.
Kinda more like a 3/4 system still uses stock rear head pipes.🤷‍♂️

I do sell Hindle all blacked out systems. They are made to order and an extra cost but look good with those later bikes. The label is the only non black item! Email me if I can assist.
Sean I love the look of this. This is the only exhaust besides the Dam Megamax that I like. With a bunch of comments on the forum about the quality of the midpipe. What is your opinion on the welds and them holding up over time. Is this an old issue that has been fixed or is there still quality issues in the new setups.

The Delkevik mid pipe does not work with stock/akra slip ons. Speaking from experience. Its that final bend the mid pipe takes will cause interference with the bulkiness of the stock pipe and wont fit to the original location.

Sean I love the look of this. This is the only exhaust besides the Dam Megamax that I like. With a bunch of comments on the forum about the quality of the midpipe. What is your opinion on the welds and them holding up over time. Is this an old issue that has been fixed or is there still quality issues in the new setups.
Is the midpipe issue with the hindle or megamax?

Brocks (hindle) stopped making that pipe years ago.

I found a localish place that does ceramic coating so am going to get my Delk system done there. I already have it and $2k plus shipping etc is too steep for me to justify for the black hindle. But is does look good and the extra HP gains and weight loss are sooooo tempting!

Was just talking with the guy who does the ceramic coating. I was expecting to have to disassemble the cans so that I'd maintain the ability to repack them when required. He says that I don't need to take them apart and that I won't have any problems with taking them apart down the road. I'm a little skeptical. Does anyone have any experience with this? I plan on doing some Google research on it tonight...

Was just talking with the guy who does the ceramic coating. I was expecting to have to disassemble the cans so that I'd maintain the ability to repack them when required. He says that I don't need to take them apart and that I won't have any problems with taking them apart down the road. I'm a little skeptical. Does anyone have any experience with this? I plan on doing some Google research on it tonight...
My '09 was sporting a VooDoo set of mid-pipes and slip-ons that were in terrible condition when I bought it. A company named JetHot said they'd coat them inside and out in a Classic Polish for $620 or their Titanium finish for $930. This was in Jan '21 with me delivering the disassembled pieces to the business. Didn't seem practical.

My '09 was sporting a VooDoo set of mid-pipes and slip-ons that were in terrible condition when I bought it. A company named JetHot said they'd coat them inside and out in a Classic Polish for $620 or their Titanium finish for $930. This was in Jan '21 with me delivering the disassembled pieces to the business. Didn't seem practical.
I would never have bought the stainless system. I would have found something already black but this one came with the bike new and still in the box. It's going to cost me approx $400 CAD (which is approx $10 USD!!) To get the ceramic coating done. I think that because it's new the prep work isn't as significant which could be influencing the price compared to your situation.

I would never have bought the stainless system. I would have found something already black but this one came with the bike new and still in the box. It's going to cost me approx $400 CAD (which is approx $10 USD!!) To get the ceramic coating done. I think that because it's new the prep work isn't as significant which could be influencing the price compared to your situation.
Damn - no way the dollar is that strong LOL.
Yeah, there was going to be some serious prep happening with the VooDoos. See below...
On a side note, I just finished installing stainless mid-pipes from Delkevic. Hoping that finish fares much better.
20210128_100617.jpg

Damn - no way the dollar is that strong LOL.
Yeah, there was going to be some serious prep happening with the VooDoos. See below...
On a side note, I just finished installing stainless mid-pipes from Delkevic. Hoping that finish fares much better.
View attachment 84640
Yup that's ugly. Was it left at the bottom of a river for a while? Lol

I also heard that not only discoloration can be a consequence of high temperature, but also cracks in the mufflers in that case, when the Cats are deleted, any opinions? 🤔

Got my first VMAX! Loving it....

Currently stock ECU tune still has CAT but it came with the Insanely Priced $1400 Akrapovic Slip-ons so at least I have those already....

I want to De-Cat, basic Airbox Mod and ECU flash....

So at over $800 with Tax the Akrapovic Mid Pipe again is insanely priced....

Questions....
1. Complete Voodoo mid-pipe and mufflers $600 (but TOO LOUD) can my Akrapovic Mufflers mount right on to Voodoo mid-pipe???
2. Dominator Mid-pipe less than $300,,, Can my Akrapovic Muffler Mount right on that?? However someone on here is saying the Dominator Mid-pipe is a poor design???....
3. THIS IS THE IDEA I LIKE BEST... 13-5-titanium-xoval-muffler-to-fit-v-max-1700-2009-2019
The Delkevic Mid-pipe plus a pair of very attractive Titanium and carbon fiber tipped Mufflers only $709!!!
Which is cheaper than just the Akrapovic Mid-pipe.... I might just like the Delkevic Mufflers better and sell those Akrapovics I got...(anyone know how loud the Delkevics are?? and general opinions of it?
or Again will my Akrapovic mufflers fit the Delkevic Mid-pipe... that would be most Ideal and gives me 2 different interchangeable muffler pair to choose from...

Please help! Anyone know what DeCat Mid pipes Mix and match with Akrapovic Mufflers....???

Some say their Mid-pipes are compatible with Stock mufflers in that case I would assume they also compatible with Akrapovic slip-ons correct ???

Again please if you know anything about Delkevic and its compatiblity with Akrapovic that's my 1st choice option...

Thank!!!
I don’t know anything about the akrapovic, but I’ve had my Delkevic pipes for a couple years and I really like the sound. However I like a
Loud bike so I did a modification by removing the baffle material which allowed more rumble and deeper sound. I think I would like the sound better if the metal was thicker. Other than that I think the delkevic slip inside are an excellent choice

I'm also running Delkevic mid-pipes and slip-ons. So far it's been a surprisingly high quality product for the affordable price. The customer service was very responsive too.
Bit of advice though... In my opinion, the XOval slip-ons aren't well suited for Gen 2s. Specifically, the configuration of the mounting point, bracket, and strap isn't compatible out of the box.
Stick with the round models.

I'm also running Delkevic mid-pipes and slip-ons. So far it's been a surprisingly high quality product for the affordable price. The customer service was very responsive too.
Bit of advice though... In my opinion, the XOval slip-ons aren't well suited for Gen 2s. Specifically, the configuration of the mounting point, bracket, and strap isn't compatible out of the box.
Stick with the round models.

VMaxxx, can you give me some more details on the issue with the mounting bracket for the oval cans? I have a new set still in the packaging that came with my Gen2 and am planning on having them ceramic coated black. I'm just wondering if I should mod anything before sending them off for coating? Ideally I'd mock them up first but don't want to tackle that during riding season... TIA

Back