Exhaust pressures?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hadden

Reaction score
Hi everyone, not sure the best way to explain this one. Iv got a 2000 vmax, which iv had for over a year now. One if the first things I noticed was the flow from the exhausts. On tick over,If I put my hand over the right hand side, I can feel it "pulsing" quiet strong, if I do the same on the left side it seems alot weaker then the right. When riding and trying to maintain day 30/40mph the left hand side you can only just hear, but the right hand side you can hear plain as day. Iv recently stripped, cleaned and replaced a few parts on the carbs(dynojet stage 1). I still need to sort the a/f screw settings and sync, but on first start up it seems exactly the same. Has anyone come across this before?? Its almost as though it's only running on 3 cylinders but I'm assuming g I would notice that a mile away,The bike has a k&n and has 2 delkevic stubby cans with the restricters removed. Any help would be really appriciated

Compare the needles to see if you have DJ Stage 1.

VMax carburetor needles.jpg

The DJ Stage 1 aren't worth the time/effort to make them work, they are problematic for nearly everyone who has 'em. The DJ Stage 7 don't require the removal of the VBoost. They do require the shorter springs, the air correctors, and the slide holes drilled-out, the DJ Stage 7 directions can be found under one of the website topics 'factory instructions.' Most people running the DJ Stage 7 find that instead of 152.5 Mikuni main jets the bike has better throttle response with smaller jets: 150 or 147.5 Mikuni.

If it sounds like "it's only running on 3 cyls" it probably is and you have plugged pilot jets or a pilot jet. Also, don't count upon any throttle improvements until you synch the carbs. All bets are off until synch-time!

Back