Exhaust pulse uneven

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ctshooter

Reaction score
Hi all once again. An update on my earlier post concerning jetting for UFO pipes. I did the carb tuning sequence that was in this post and all is fine. Still feels fat in the midrange and I get sort of a flutter sound from the engine/exhaust when between load and no load cruising around 3,500 rpm's like between a transition or something. Isn't felt in driving, goes away once you load the engine. I'm also getting about 33 mpg which with the stock pipes I was averaging 38-39 for my style of riding. Seems I'm running a bit rich. I will install stock jets and needles and see how she runs next. Will post my results. As I was adjusting my air mixture screws and listening to my bike from behind I noticed the left side sounded stronger than the right side so I placed my hands over the muffler exits and sure enough that was the case. Does anyone know what the cause for this is? Maybe carb adjustments? All 4 screws are backed out 2.5 turns as Jon recommended for these pipes. :ummm:

Uneven exhaust is normal. It has something to do with the firing sequence and valve timing.

2.5 turns is a good start but every carb is different. 3500 rpms is still your pilot mixture and the start of the transition to your needles. You may have to clean up the pilot circuit and make mixture screw adjustments.

Mark

Uneven exhaust is normal. It has something to do with the firing sequence and valve timing.

2.5 turns is a good start but every carb is different. 3500 rpms is still your pilot mixture and the start of the transition to your needles. You may have to clean up the pilot circuit and make mixture screw adjustments.

Mark
How do you clean up the pilot circuit? I'm green at this. Thanks...

Back