exhaust system comparsion

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxx05stud

Reaction score
ok, ive done a little research on, marks pipes,holeshots,ufo's, and hmf's. the marks seems to be the cheapest price wise of the bunch. do you have to run a jet kit w/ all of these systems(im guessing you do) and how much was the kits. i do value your opinions on these exhaust. im little afraid of the ufo's for fitting correctly and lack of communaction form them. please give me pro's and cons. thank you.

Clint..

"Yessir......I was just stocking milk products"

Vmaxstud....do you mind if I just call you Stud? :punk:

You should be able to run just fine with stock jetting. If you really want to get a little bit more hp/torque we can help with that. I wouldn't waste money on Factory Pro 1.0 or DJ Stage 1 kit....it's not necessary. When I went to Marks' exhaust I put in 147.5 mains (152.5 stock). That's all I did. I made sure float levels were set to 17 mm, re-sync'd carbs, adjusted mixture screws.

Before you change anything, I would try it as-is and see how it runs. If you want to maximize tuning then go to this under Carbs/Tuning section.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1024

If I had to choose and exhaust system again, I wouldn't hesitate to do either Mark's or HMF's. Lots of choices in tips, stainless steel,carbon fiber,etc.

Clint..

"Yessir......I was just stocking milk products"

Vmaxstud....do you mind if I just call you Stud? :punk:

You should be able to run just fine with stock jetting. If you really want to get a little bit more hp/torque we can help with that. I wouldn't waste money on Factory Pro 1.0 or DJ Stage 1 kit....it's not necessary. When I went to Marks' exhaust I put in 147.5 mains (152.5 stock). That's all I did. I made sure float levels were set to 17 mm, re-sync'd carbs, adjusted mixture screws.

Before you change anything, I would try it as-is and see how it runs. If you want to maximize tuning then go to this under Carbs/Tuning section.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1024

If I had to choose and exhaust system again, I wouldn't hesitate to do either Mark's or HMF's. Lots of choices in tips, stainless steel,carbon fiber,etc.
yea thanks mark. i couldnt find a reg. vmax id so i had to go w/ that. lol. i know on the holeshot, dale recommends going w/ his stage 1 jet kit. you must have a k&n filter on as well. when you say you changed mains, you went down(leaned itout) w/ 147.5 instead of the rich 152.5?? see i already had a mechanic friend of mine sync. the carbs and drilld out the plugs so we could reset the air screws. when its warm and your riding along and then hit the throttle. it would burb/hestitate and then go so we adjusted the air srews. it helped a little but still does it. so you think either marks pipes, or hmf would be the way to go. thanks for the help, steve

I did have a K&N but it's not necessary. The stock is fine...the main restriction of airflow is the airbox.

I opened the top of the air box to match the K&N filter opening(even opened the top of the filter itself) and raised the "Y" about 1/4". I think this is a good compromise with stock pipes.
Lew

If I was in the market for an exhaust system, I'd go with Mark's system. He basically makes them as you order them so you can make any modification you want on it and he is easy to work with.

Latest posts

Back