• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Exhaust system Gen 2- Wanted

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarioRRR

Reaction score
Looking for akrapovic full system or just mid pipe linkage.

You just missed one on Facebook unfortunately. They pop up once in a while.
Are you planning on using the stock mufflers if you just get the midpipe? The Akrapovic is a great piece but there are other midpipes that can use the stock mufflers that are way less expensive.

You just missed one on Facebook unfortunately. They pop up once in a while.
Are you planning on using the stock mufflers if you just get the midpipe? The Akrapovic is a great piece but there are other midpipes that can use the stock mufflers that are way less expensive.

I would like to get full Akra however I don’t mind stock pipes and eliminating cat would be fine as well.
Don’t want to break the bank so I will wait until something pop out. Hopefully someone will decide to part out.
True is, I thought that I will be fine with stock. I was wrong.

This is the least expensive cat eliminator that will allow you to use the stock mufflers:
https://www.ebay.com/i/282728354224...YLgL8g-ZEmuDibkMCvgZOcc5wKmZg7NRoCzdwQAvD_BwE
Yeah quite a difference from Akro or Voodoo which Tim Nash suggested for me when talking to him about keeping the stock pipes, flash, MAB and DD. Would there be any difference in performance? Itgoes I sent you a PM on yourthoughts on some on these items and which direction I should go. Thanks.

For sure there is some options.

Wondering if anyone went the route just to Open CAT, empty it and re weld it?

Yes, a couple I know of. Really not worth the effort. Sounds fine and works ok but you would need a custom tune......and the best thing about removing the cat is that you lose around 20 pounds of weight. The weight loss plus the power gain is something you can really feel. It's kind of ugly too IMO.

Yes, a couple I know of. Really not worth the effort. Sounds fine and works ok but you would need a custom tune......and the best thing about removing the cat is that you lose around 20 pounds of weight. The weight loss plus the power gain is something you can really feel. It's kind of ugly too IMO.

I agree. Remove cat and install full system is the best option. We will see if something come up anytime soon.

Latest posts

Back