Exhaust too loud! 🙉

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my delkevics but they are loud. No video can actually let you know how loud an exhaust is. On the other hand, no one has pulled into my lane on the highway or anywhere else. Loud pipes saves lifes

I have a full Dale Walker exhaust, but I'm running slash cut mufflers with no baffles that came off my Shovelhead. I have to wear ear plugs!
35 years riding open exhaust on Harleys has caused Tinnitus in my right ear.

Pic of my Walker mufflers:
TCwEzxx.jpg

Same bike with straight mufflers:
kBECOR7.jpg

I now keep a canister of 200 pairs of Howard Leight MAX earplugs next to my gear:

1626989320644.png

Quadzilla's are obnoxiously loud.

The ufo megaphone is not too bad if you add real packing vs the steel wool junk. It sounds great, but still loud. Without good packing they also are raspy and obnoxious.

UFO did offer a replacement endcap to bolt in the megaphone that did help quiet it down a bit. I think they sounded a little weird though.

I found and installed factory exhaust mufflers on my royal star.... even at 100 MPH it was deafening !! I know its not a max... but I a
can only imagine what it would sound like if I were to be able to rev past 4900 (?) RPM...may get a dyna igniter for it !! :)

I love the sound of a Vmax engine revving 😜 but since I live near a busy road I can empathize with "normal non biking citizens" when anti social bikes are revving on the road for my house.. especially very early in the morning :mad:
Personally I removed the Cat on my Gen2 and loved the sound of the unfiltered mighty Vmax 1700 engine! But alas it was much too loud :confused:
So I placed DB killers and transformed the sound to a impressive deep rumble instead of an ANGRY ROARRRR.
I (and my neighbors) am/are much happier now!
2021-07-20 11.54.28.jpg

Quadzilla's are obnoxiously loud.

The ufo megaphone is not too bad if you add real packing vs the steel wool junk. It sounds great, but still loud. Without good packing they also are raspy and obnoxious.

UFO did offer a replacement endcap to bolt in the megaphone that did help quiet it down a bit. I think they sounded a little weird though.

They sure are. Mine had that metal packing. I replaced it with ceramic mat packing. Helped a little but still loud as heck.

I love the sound of a Vmax engine revving 😜 but since I live near a busy road I can empathize with "normal non biking citizens" when anti social bikes are revving on the road for my house.. especially very early in the morning :mad:
Personally I removed the Cat on my Gen2 and loved the sound of the unfiltered mighty Vmax 1700 engine! But alas it was much too loud :confused:
So I placed DB killers and transformed the sound to a impressive deep rumble instead of an ANGRY ROARRRR.
I (and my neighbors) am/are much happier now!
View attachment 78531
That’s what I worry about is going in residential neighborhoods with it loud. Especially late @ night. If you are in a bad neighborhood you could likely piss someone off & get shot @. I have to putt it in a higher gear when I do that to try to keep it as quiet as I can.

I love my delkevics but they are loud. No video can actually let you know how loud an exhaust is. On the other hand, no one has pulled into my lane on the highway or anywhere else. Loud pipes saves lifes
I agree. I’ve always liked loud exhausts but this is almost like running open exhausts. Just too much. It I still think I can step down to a sportier exhaust that will still be plenty loud to get people’s attention on the road, without it being obnoxiously loud.

In New Mexico....loud exhausts make you a target for the retard drivers that prowl the road. My Virago has Jardine Slash cut exhausts. Its not the loudest out there. But I noticed people would "look" right at me and merge into me. The VMaxs'....stock quiet exhausts. No one has merged into me yet. So....with that in mind, when I was getting the Vulcan ready, it has some no name aftermarket slash cut 1 into 1 deals.....I would ride that on the interstate....yup....the retards merge into me. It seems that loud exhausts are like flames to the brain dead moths behind the wheel. But I live in a state that is last in education. So I cant expect much when the collective IQ is that of a decomposing potato.

I had kerker slip on's and loved the sound until I put a full Mark's exhaust with 12"can's. It's loud on the gas and man can you hear me coming down the straight on a few local tracks I frequent.

Amen. Mark's Exhaust is where its at!!
I got the 4 into 1 w/14" Can (If I remember correctly), 2.5" ID. w/turndown tip. Still get goose bumps when I fire her up.

Quite a head turner when people hear it...

T$

Amen. Mark's Exhaust is where its at!!
I got the 4 into 1 w/14" Can (If I remember correctly), 2.5" ID. w/turndown tip. Still get goose bumps when I fire her up.

Quite a head turner when people hear it...

T$
Ya, the other problem
Is Jonny Lawman can hear us coming a mile away too. They already seem to have their radar on us anyhow. I don’t see any reason to add any fuel to that fire. Lol.

Back