Exhaust too loud! 🙉

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

VMAXXIMUM

Reaction score
I had kerker slip on's and loved the sound until I put a full Mark's exhaust with 12"can's. It's loud on the gas and man can you hear me coming down the straight on a few local tracks I frequent.

Darrick Chapman

Reaction score
I love my delkevics but they are loud. No video can actually let you know how loud an exhaust is. On the other hand, no one has pulled into my lane on the highway or anywhere else. Loud pipes saves lifes

Zeus36

Reaction score
I have a full Dale Walker exhaust, but I'm running slash cut mufflers with no baffles that came off my Shovelhead. I have to wear ear plugs!
35 years riding open exhaust on Harleys has caused Tinnitus in my right ear.

Pic of my Walker mufflers:

Same bike with straight mufflers:

I now keep a canister of 200 pairs of Howard Leight MAX earplugs next to my gear:

1626989320644.png

[email protected]

Reaction score
Quadzilla's are obnoxiously loud.

The ufo megaphone is not too bad if you add real packing vs the steel wool junk. It sounds great, but still loud. Without good packing they also are raspy and obnoxious.

UFO did offer a replacement endcap to bolt in the megaphone that did help quiet it down a bit. I think they sounded a little weird though.

fourbrrl

Reaction score
I found and installed factory exhaust mufflers on my royal star.... even at 100 MPH it was deafening !! I know its not a max... but I a
can only imagine what it would sound like if I were to be able to rev past 4900 (?) RPM...may get a dyna igniter for it !! :)

Mordicant

Reaction score
I love the sound of a Vmax engine revving 😜 but since I live near a busy road I can empathize with "normal non biking citizens" when anti social bikes are revving on the road for my house.. especially very early in the morning :mad:
Personally I removed the Cat on my Gen2 and loved the sound of the unfiltered mighty Vmax 1700 engine! But alas it was much too loud :confused:
So I placed DB killers and transformed the sound to a impressive deep rumble instead of an ANGRY ROARRRR.
I (and my neighbors) am/are much happier now!
2021-07-20 11.54.28.jpg