Exhausts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naekiddn

Reaction score
Hi Peeps
From Uk just bought 94 Vmax wanna replace stock pipes ,perhaps with cobra,s like I have done my 750 Magna ,any pipes I can get over here ,have about 40% added to them so I usually buy what I need straight from USA , have any of you fine people any advice
Many Thanks.:ummm:

My advice: Don't buy Cobra's! They lose HP. Usually around 10 to the rear wheel. If you are interested in slip ons, go for supertrapps. No gain in power but, no loss either.

Contact Sean Morley from Morleys Muscle. See banner at top of the forum. He has good pricing on trapps.

If it were me, I would save up for a full exhaust. Slip ons add noise, that is about all they are good for.

I love my UFO system.

Attachments

• Stopped2.jpg
    Stopped2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 31
Love my UFO system, if had it to do over again would buy Mark's Performance Exhaust. Same quality, better vendor.

My supertrapps have a great sound and look. With eight disks no need to re-jet the carbs. You may find a set somewhere at areal bargain.

Kerker 4-1 Gains the most HP and sounds unbelievably good. Not cheap but worth it. But no matter what you buy DON'T get cobras and I'd stay far away from ANYTHING from Planetmax I don't care how nice their stuff is Jon will Dick you around for sure. Ask anyone here.

Kerker 4-1 Gains the most HP and sounds unbelievably good. Not cheap but worth it. But no matter what you buy DON'T get cobras and I'd stay far away from ANYTHING from Planetmax I don't care how nice their stuff is Jon will Dick you around for sure. Ask anyone here.

I disagree w/the comment about Jon Cornell of Planet VMax. I know people have had issues w/him, and from reading those issues, I understand why they would be unhappy.

I have had a different experience prior to buying a 4/1 of his manufacture, I emailed him and received prompt, detailed, responses which answered all my questions. On the basis of my research from him and other sources, including the forum, I bought it. The workmanship is great and while I haven't yet installed it, I know from hearing the clips and seeing others' comments, I will like the results. I actually like the quiet nature and appearance of the stock system. Stealth in noise is a good thing! And, yes, I know Planet VMax systems are NOT about "stealth in noise!"

I do think the Kerker 4/1 sounds best, I have one of those too, not installed, as I do not want to cut my centerstand flange brackets.

Matter of fact, I have a backlog of things to do to my bike, but haven't been able to make the time to complete. I have acquired a lot of parts, but no time to get things done. Maybe when I put the bike up for the winter...:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Exhaust is a personal choice. I'd listen to any ststem before buying it. I dragged my feet for a long time, herd Danny's, then Mark's had a sale. I'm happy with Mark's 4-2. It's going to get a black finish soon.
Steve-o

had cobras, look great sound awesome but everyone talks about the power loss......just put on marks and they are great, look good sound good.....not sure if there is much difference in power, can feel a little but not night and day.
have the cobras now for sale if anyone wants.......

Back