Extended starting attempts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rarlord

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Been a life long Vmax lover and finally own one. Bought a 2019 this weekend and noticed that it takes at least three attempts hitting the starter switch in order for the bike to fire. Each attempt is about 2-3 second bursts then finally fires. This happens whether the bike sits for hours or minutes. Is this normal? The bike only has 5 miles on it so far and of course I plan on running as often as I can.

The gen 2's don't start immediately. It takes longer then you would expect before starting.

The gen 2's don't start immediately. It takes longer then you would expect before starting.
Ok, I called the dealership today and they said that I should wait about 6-10 seconds to hit the starter for the first time and guess what, it still takes 2 to 3 more tries for it to fire. I guess it’s just getting used to the idea. I had the same issue with my 2011 FZ8. They never figured it out. Thanks so much for the response, nothing like someone who lives and breaths these machines to provide an answer

Back